Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe in aliens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

I've seen that great documentary only last week.
    I think there is a secret base on the other side of the moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

^^ ooo thats a new one for me i think.
    i never real thought of that i guess i presumed it spun on an axis but recently learned about stars and planets that didnt.

i take it the moon doesnt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

The moon doesn't thats right.It's in what is known as a synchronous rotation, meaning the same side always faces earth.It's one of the reasons i think a base is there.When you think of it, the chances of having a moon that does this is slim enough and the chances of having actual life on the planet it orbits, is even slimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ah sure even buzz oldren is talking about objects on a moon that orbits mar's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIXvpjnRws

I do think there are some aliens out there hoping we dont go out into space cause lets face it we would probaly start a war or some ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

I believe in Aliens, but I don't know if they have come anywhere near earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

there has to be alien life out there, maybe not the borg, the chance for life is very small but when you take into account the shere size of the universe and the number of galazies, then the numbers get more realistic.

This shows just how small we really are:
    Hubble deep field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

I certainly don't think it's something we can rule out. The Vatican doesn't have a problem admitting the possibility. The Sumerian culture is always an interesting read too.

Opinion: Yes, I believe that aliens exist. I believe that we're the product of genetic intervention and are most likely hybrids. I believe that the upper echelons of government are fully aware of the nature of our existence. I believe that certain constructs of old such as the pyramids of Egypt were not solely created by the human race. While I believe that such an alien race is superior they a certainly not divine. My opinion on alien interventions is limited to the dawn of man rather than contemporary theories of abductions and lizards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

gerkeo wrote: »
    there has to be alien life out there, maybe not the borg, the chance for life is very small but when you take into account the shere size of the universe and the number of galazies, then the numbers get more realistic.

This shows just how small we really are:
    Hubble deep field

The music at the end sounds like what was used for that Rammstein song Sonne, I think it was called not sure. Anywho the requirements for life to start on earth are so specific that it would take billions upon billions of attempts to get it right through a natural evolution. Therefore life on earth is the product of that chance, given the quantity of galaxies out there. Its strange though to consider that even when you rule out this, an asteroid hitting the earth and killing off the dinosaurs to allow more intelligent life to evolve is even more improbable, but given the sheer quantity of galaxies and hence life supporting planets, it becomes more probable. The universe is a very strange and alien place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I believe there is probably some form of life on another planet, but probably not in our galaxy and possibly only some form of plant life. I don't believe we've ever been visited or contacted by any, and I actually doubt we ever will

egocentric = geocentric = epic fail

Similarly only a species as egocentric as ourselves would assume that we stand alone or at least always have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kt217

yes i do they visit me every so often and do experments on me or maybe i am having bad dreams anyway no more star trek for me

kt217 wrote: »
    yes i do they visit me every so often and do experments on me or maybe i am having bad dreams anyway no more star trek for me

Are you being sincere? One of my best friends during adolescence was convinced that a series of repeating markings on his back could only be accounted for by alien interference.

To be honest, I just humored him but I'd be interested in your account. Two folks close to me have reported outer body experiences though they didn't attribute it to alien lifeforms.

Incidentallyy my freind with the markings was a big trekkie. Not in a cosplay sense but lets just say he fell asleep every evening facing a shelf containing a scaled replica model of the Enterprise. :)

Ah, good times. Make it so number two, make it so.

interesting you mention outerbody experience. is this the forums to discuss this?
    i am trying to find out about astral travel but no response from the dreams section so far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

if you look at sky news today you will see that the wife of the new japanese pm thinks she has being visited by little green men:)

Torakx wrote: »
    interesting you mention outerbody experience. is this the forums to discuss this?
    i am trying to find out about astral travel but no response from the dreams section so far :(

You can google techniques but I don't really see them as anything beyond manipulation of neurons and chemicals, which is interesting in itself.

egocentric = geocentric = epic fail. Similarly only a species as egocentric as ourselves would assume that we stand alone or at least always have.

What would your opinion on humanity be? Personally I think the human race can hardly be blamed for being egocentric, it only has itself as any notewhile company. You raise an interesting point though, extraterrestrial life could evolve according to different conditions from our own.

What would your opinion on humanity be? Personally I think the human race can hardly be blamed for being egocentric, it only has itself as any notewhile company.

I guess I'm not as lenient. We're big boys and girls. We know what's right and wrong. We should be able to recognize when profits supersede the people, when greed supersedes love.

Whether we like to admit it or not I believe we are completely accountable. We define our own trajectory as a species and can do so without prior experience.

There's something radically wrong with a world that starves it's populace to feed grain to livestock who in turn are slaughtered into a less efficient food substance. Meat-eating and sex are the hallmarks of a primitive species. If by now you're visualizing androgynous vegi's then you're half way there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Torakx wrote: »

There's a great book about astral projection by a guy called Opheil.
    it's called The Art and Practice of Astral Projection

Highly recommended if you're interested in that sphere of things. There have been threads about it on the paranormal forum in the past.

Oh, and in reference to the thread title, yes, I definitely believe we have been visited by extra terrestrials.

tallus wrote: »

Highly recommended if you're interested in that sphere of things. There have been threads about it on the paranormal forum in the past.

Oh, and in reference to the thread title, yes, I definitely believe we have been visited by extra terrestrials.

What does your signature represent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yes. There are other life forms. Mostly female.

What does your signature represent?

Was that a request or an order ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Great book that, picked it up in the local library a number of years back when I just popped in while bored. Read it straight through and enjoyed it all, along with the (rather freightening) OBE's after much practice.
    I still practice lucid dreaming when I recognise the state of mind (I for some reason always manage to fly around on my knee's!?) but the OBE stuff is a bit too much to take on, kind of makes you think everything else is worthless compared to it once you start getting the hang of it.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Great book that, picked it up in the local library a number of years back when I just popped in while bored. Read it straight through and enjoyed it all, along with the (rather freightening) OBE's after much practice.
    I still practice lucid dreaming when I recognise the state of mind (I for some reason always manage to fly around on my knee's!?) but the OBE stuff is a bit too much to take on, kind of makes you think everything else is worthless compared to it once you start getting the hang of it.

would love to discuss your experiences with it here on this thread if your interested in sharing
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055671828

Was that a request or an order ? :D

Aright lads, I'd say drop this if it's caught anyone elses attention.

I was basically told to go on medication after enquiring if there was any deliberate symbolism in tallus's signature (i.e. masonic, what does the 'L' stand for). Hardly an exemplary post for an adverts mod. Ah well, you know what us crazies are like. I'm off to take my medication.

@nipplenuts: More females, eh? Let's hope their not the parasitic kind who tears their mates head off and incubate their offspring in the body. Somehow it would just kill all the foreplay for me.

Aright lads, I'd say drop this if it's caught anyone elses attention.

I was basically told to go on medication after enquiring if there was any deliberate symbolism in tallus's signature (i.e. masonic, what does the 'L' stand for). Hardly an exemplary post for an adverts mod. Ah well, you know what us crazies are like. I'm off to take my medication.

@nipplenuts: More females, eh? Let's hope their not the parasitic kind who tears their mates head off and incubate their offspring in the body. Somehow it would just kill all the foreplay for me.

I'm not going to dignify this with a response but rest assured I'll be contacting one of the forum moderators on here with regards to your post here.

Nehaxak wrote: »

I loaned the book to a friend a number of years back and he's now living in Thailand so no hope of getting it back, it was a great read yes, Ophiel had genuine occult knowledge and has several books out.
    I tried a few of the methods in the book but the astral thing always gave me terrible palpitations at the moment of leaving the body and I panicked and never managed to do it consciously.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

When I see my first one, I'll believe in them.

What's more to the point, do they believe in me? ;)

I'm not going to dignify this with a response but rest assured I'll be contacting one of the forum moderators on here with regards to your post here.

Probably the best thing to do. I'm conscious about derailing the thread.

Ow i assumed the L replaced the G for new world love :D

Gary Mc Kinnon, the unfortunate hacker, apparently saw alien space craft doctored out of photographs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Banned for a week for off topic and disruptive posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

In future please use the report post function.

Gary Mc Kinnon, the unfortunate hacker, apparently saw alien space craft doctored out of photographs.

I seen him being interviewed by project Camelot on youtube talking about it, Interesting stuff but considering some of the other stuff Project Camelot goes on about and some of the really weird people they interview i kinda find anything they say some time's to be believable.

But it does make you wonder why there so hard pressed to lock him away but i mean i cant stand hackers anyway id be glad to see the pricks put in a jail cell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fitz1

There must be something out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fitz1

If you don't belive whats it all for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There is one chance that there is no alien life of any type.

There are billions of chances that there are different types of alien life.

There I have convinced myself that there is alien life and if you think about it you know that I am right.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    In future please use the report post function.

Will do apologies for the messing around I should have known better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Shepherd3

Fitz1 wrote: »
    There must be something out there

Of course there is, just doesn't mean they are kidnapping dungaree wearing truck drivers to visit their hershey highway. I think it's just a good cover for the govenrment to hide behind because being associated with aliens and ufo can easily discredit opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yellowsubmarine

Obviously there real there has to be other life out there did none of you's look at all the videos on youtube where people say the government and aliens have a secret underground base in dulce new mexico and a man who was working for the government told about it and the government killed him. here's a few links anyways if yas want to have a look :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbONIQfQmDU&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQwJzKadso&feature=channel_page

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqDVOjtNhg i think this might be a good place for this project camelot interview with Dr steven greer.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I seen him being interviewed by project Camelot on youtube talking about it, Interesting stuff but considering some of the other stuff Project Camelot goes on about and some of the really weird people they interview i kinda find anything they say some time's to be believable.

But it does make you wonder why there so hard pressed to lock him away but i mean i cant stand hackers anyway id be glad to see the pricks put in a jail cell.

The only thing I'm a little bit puzzled by is this:

"here I sit, watching the greatest discovery unknown to mankind in general, an alien spacecraft and instead of thinking sh1t I've got to get some sort of snapshot of it right now just in the minute case that this incredible profound ultimately world changing beyond comprehension information gets lost, or I get caught, instead I'm going to wait while its downloading, and keep staring at it", ok I know the guy has aspergers but seriously...

• Advertisement
Advertisement