Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City going the way of Shamrock Rovers?

• 03-09-2009 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

The Cork city supporter's trust has withdrawn from participation in Tommy No Bobs plan to destroy the club...

See http://www.forastrust.ie/

No bobs was on Newstalk last night, accusing the fans of having an agenda, and spreading his usual bullsh*t lies again. An "agenda"!

Didn't Rovers fans have a campaign to force out Branvard a few years ago? Will we eventually see another fans owned club in the league?

Personally, I think its the way forward for the LoI, what do others think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

getcover wrote: »
    The Cork city supporter's trust has withdrawn from participation in Tommy No Bobs plan to destroy the club...

See http://www.forastrust.ie/

No bobs was on Newstalk last night, accusing the fans of having an agenda, and spreading his usual bullsh*t lies again. An "agenda"!

Didn't Rovers fans have a campaign to force out Branvard a few years ago? Will we eventually see another fans owned club in the league?

The fans have an "agenda"??? If he wants to call trying to save the club from his crooked ways an "agenda", well I guess they do have an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Good move.

They should be getting together a war-chest, not propping up the current regime.

I might even make a donation now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

One of the lads from FORAS was on 96fm this morning. Tom would'nt come on at first and put the match night organiser on but when things were going badly Tom came on to spout his bull****.

He's doing everything he can to paint Foras as the bad guys.

Foras have also set up a fund with help from the PFAI which help any of the players who are in severe financial difficulty as a result of not getting paid by Tom. However Tom will still be expected to pay the wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good stuff from FORAS. I couldn’t believe when I saw people advocating that they give all the money they’d raised to Cocklan during their High Court problems and they have to do everything they can to put together a significant warchest in order to step in to save the club when the **** hits the fan again.

FORAS have been in touch with some of the Rovers board who were instrumental in getting the 400 Club to take charge and they seem to be going down the right road to do the same at Turners Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

stovelid wrote: »
    Good move.

They should be getting together a war-chest, not propping up the current regime.

I might even make a donation now. :)

+1 ............Look at Rovers situation now, they are going to be for the foreseeable future the major force in the LOI, full houses everyweek club megastore and publicity coming out the ears.

If any club needs a Buisness plan, i'd advise them to look at Rovers module, without doubt it is the way forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I could not agree more. Rovers have always had a great support base, but they had 300 approx fans down the Cross on a Tuesday night in August, constant 3600 at home and are clearly going to be the model to follow. On and off the field they have got their act together and City - amongst other big clubs- should take a closer look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

getcover wrote: »
    I agree.

I think FORAS made the right move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Can anyone explain to me clearly what exactly the 'Rovers Model' is? I would be genuinely interested to hear in detail about how the club has been restructured in such a productive way. I would also like to hear about what Shels have done (the two could be similar I don't know about either). Most people seem to think that these two clubs are the only ones who have there stuff together atm.

I didn't make those comparisons because in our league, disaster is only a step-away. :)

I guess people are just advocating that Cork become a members-owned club that doesn't spend beyond their means, tries to build up the team as a long-term fixture in the community and tries to publicize and market the club.

Should be well achievanble given that they have a good ground (that is leased and not a crumbling "asset" around their neck), a good fan-base and the FAI seem to love them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

The best thing for Cork City right now would be for Tom Coughlan to crawl back into whatever hole he came out of. I sent an email to that effect and they said they would pass it on to him.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

fh041205 wrote: »
    The best thing for Cork City right now would be for Tom Coughlan to crawl back into whatever hole he came out of. I sent an email to that effect and they said they would pass it on to him.:D
    I wonder did they get it to him before he jumped out the window?:p

Alledgedly a creditor went down to TNB's office last week, to try to get some of the money he was owed and promised.
    He was kept outside the office for about 15 minutes until he eventually went in himself, to find an open window and an empty room.
    There is no other exit from the room!

The place is going to sh*t though, following yet another agreement between TNB and the players and staff, on the first agreed pay date,
    he didn't pay one of the players, only paid another player a %, and hasn't paid the staff yet.
    Can't understand why ALL the players aren't kicking up about this, they should stick together, and with the staff as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is talk of a possible strike for the Setanta Cup game this weekend.

The window story is not true. He left the building, but the "only way out was a window" part is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

gimmick wrote: »

The window story is not true. He left the building, but the "only way out was a window" part is not.
    Aww pity, that was such a great story and only added to TNB's "aura" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why let the truth get in the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

fh041205 wrote: »
    I would also like to hear about what Shels have done

Only spending money that we have coming in (like Rovers) while repaying our debts (unlike some).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shels are the only team who had money issues and paid all their debts. They are the model club if such a thing exists.

Going the way of Rovers is better tho, debts wiped and free stadium.

I would pick the 2nd option tho :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shels are the only team who had money issues and paid all their debts. They are the model club if such a thing exists.

For anyone who is interested, and I know dreamer above isn't, Rovers pay more to rent their ground than any of the other clubs who rent their grounds, like Galway United, Cork City etc.
    There aren't too many clubs who have a free stadium I'd imagine, although Pats are probably one.

For anyone who is interested, and I know dreamer above isn't, Rovers pay more to rent their ground than any of the other clubs who rent their grounds, like Galway United, Cork City etc.

Yup. The free bit always makes me laugh. If only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

We haven't paid all our debts yet!!! And only three clubs have got huge sums written off in the courts this decade so that's an unfair comment on the other clubs who are honestly going about their business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels are the only team who had money issues and paid all their debts.

:D:D

I bleedin' wish.

But, we ARE paying all of our debts, not having them written off by an examiner and getting a clean slate.

Or not getting them written off by an examiner, then telling lies about money coming in and just building up debts again and again.

Or not trying to sell our ground twice and pretending everything is rosy in the garden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement