Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration for PostGrads?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm trying to register for my masters at the mo, it's supposed to have opened today. They never said a particular time so maybe I'm just a bit early for UCD and their typical 5 o clock thing. But I can't even pay fees or anything, it just has what i paid last year and that I have no other outstanding fees. Is anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm having the same issue so it's a relief to hear that I'm not alone! Maybe but it does open at a certain time but from what I remember registration was always available early. Only results tended to take until 5pm to be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PinkCandy

Well that is a relief! I suppose we'll just have to sit tight and wait a few hours! Thanks! :D

LZ, I just got off the phone with the student desk, I'd ring them if I were you if it's still not working because they have to do all manner of things to fix up whatever problem it is with mine :confused: Just in case!

PinkCandy wrote: »
    LZ, I just got off the phone with the student desk, I'd ring them if I were you if it's still not working because they have to do all manner of things to fix up whatever problem it is with mine :confused: Just in case!

Still not working for me either. I just sent them an e-mail but got an e-mail back saying that they will answer me within three working days! It really is that time of year where chaos ensues! My School adminsitrator told me to contact her if the studentdesk give me a wide berth so I'm waiting to here back from her before I ring the studentdesk.

Oh dear, ring the student desk, I apparently hadn't accepted my course, they got back to me about twenty minutes after i told them. I don't know how exactly I could have paid a deposit for a course I didn't accept but I suppose it is UCD after all. I probably won't be able to register till tomorrow but it depends on them saying it's okay etc. Apparently it will be though so there's nothing to worry about. I'd definitely give them a buzz tho!

• Advertisement

This is ridiculous, every year something happens and it's always down to something on their end. They won't even answer their phone now, all I'm getting is a recorded message telling me to go to their websites.

I know, it always happens, I'd say you can't get through strictly because of their mountain of f*ck ups. Don't worry though, I'm sure it'll be fine, once you get through to them and make them aware of the problem it should all be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Mine allowed me to register but wont let me see my timetable which is annoying as I need to know if I have to quit my job or not tomorrow :(

Well what a relief, I went for a walk and when I came back and logged onto SIS I was allowed to register. :D However just looking at the description of my modules this is going to be one tough year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

When do fees have to be paid?

• Advertisement

By Sunday. Though when I asked what happens when you miss the payment in Tierney and they said it didn't matter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

My experience tells me always wait a few days for the problem to be fixed. I'm a PhD and its always the same so don't stress too much. Also I've owed fees for months. They just won't give you a student card which if you are doing an MA will be an issue (less so at PhD level).

Are there not some (financial) penalties for not paying fees on time?

That's the thing I don't get. Sent off an email about it. If you pay half fees do you get a student card? I'm assuming it's ok as they said paying half for the first semester and the other half of the second semester is cool. But this is UCD so who knows...

Normally fees are paid in 2 installments and once you pay for semester one you can collect your student card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

scop wrote: »
    My experience tells me always wait a few days for the problem to be fixed. I'm a PhD and its always the same so don't stress too much. Also I've owed fees for months. They just won't give you a student card which if you are doing an MA will be an issue (less so at PhD level).

You can get a 2 week card for the library off the student advisor until you pay your fees, or so I heard.

Advertisement