Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii (all discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Online Mode - XBOX 360 Live

if your into Graphics - PS3

and had both till i got the 3 red lights on the Xbox and i think Xbox kills the PS3 online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mass Effect 2 (****e)

Sir, i shall ignore i ever read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Red Dead Redemption (Good)
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Boring, samey)
    Dirt (****e)
    Grid (****e)
    Mass Effect 2 (****e)
    Alan Wake (Boring, samey)

EDIT:
    Titles like Oblivion, PES, FIFA, BIOSHOCK, Fallout I have or can play on the PC. Also First Person Shooters I will never play on a console, unless it's not available for PC and is excellent.
    Well first off, outside of Alan Wake, none of those games are 360 exclusives so to be trying to get rid of the console for that reason is a bit silly.

I disagree strongly on the ME2 review of course, in fact most people who would have played it will be telling their mates with PS3s to get it when it's released on that console later this month. But that's besides the point anyway...

In terms of games to get, I'd suggest going through this list and picking the games you want whose genre you like and which, I'm guessing, you can't play on the PC. There'll be demos of them to course so you can always give them a try either.

If you move to the PS3, the only thing to worry about, assuming you're a diehard PC-fan, is that two of the big PS3 games are FPS. There's still the fantastic Uncharted games and God Of War of course but outside of the exclusives you'll be left with similar games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love games so much I have to have all three, because they all have MUST-PLAY exclusives. I hear people say all the time the Playstation 3 has no exclusives that interest them. I never believe that they have researched enough. The Wii is the same, although I find it has a smaller amount of must-play games.

Most of my favourite games are exclusives, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd wager there'll be another Halo announcement, plus another Forza announcment and then more news on the Crytek 360 exclusive Codename:Kingdoms.

Then there's the decent looking Kinect titles unveiled at TGS such as Steel Battalion, Haunt, Project Draco and Codename D.

Finally there's the raft of fantastic XBLA games on the way including Fez, Radiant Silvergun, RetroCity Rampage and Microbot.

Am I still salivating over UC3, Killzone 3, Infamous 3 and TLG? Hell yea I am, but I still don't see me switching primary consoles anytime soon.

My post was correcting his statement that the xbox had better exclusives lined up. Are you disagreeing with me or what is the point of your reply ?

So theres forza... and 2 "Maybe" games. I never even posted all the BIG confirmed releases for the PS3..

Resistance 3
    The Last Guardain
    Uncharted 3
    Killzone 3
    Infamous 2
    Socom 4
    Rachet and Clank
    Twisted Metal
    Motor Storm
    The Agency
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    Yakuza
    Little Big Planet 2
    DC Universe
    Agent(Who knows.. As likely as a new halo i guess)

The xbox exclusive calender just looks empty in comparsion, either way. 2011 will be expensive as fook !

As for the move and PSN games.... meh, i dont really look into that ****e because theres almost too many great games to play. tho apparently Ape escape, Sony Heroes and the sorcery are going to be really good on the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

:pac:

just buy all 3 consoles and stop your b**ching....

problem solved..

:D:D:D

I find myself defending the PS3 all the time. The Wii wins on sales and the 360 has a larger fanbase, so the PS3 feels like the underdog. It did itself no favours when it first came out, it was too expensive and it hadnt enough exclusives, let one good ones. I think it's only really coming into it's own in the last year or so.

Buy yeah, buy all 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Korvanica wrote: »
    :pac:

just buy all 3 consoles and stop your b**ching....

problem solved..

:D:D:D
    Grayditch wrote: »

Buy yeah, buy all 3!

Woah woah WOAH!

Nobody needs a Wii!

Christ, I'm looking at that list above and thinking, how will I afford all these games this year ... and then realising that's only the exclusives list... For ONE of the consoles.

:/

I need a second job. Second job will negate game time. Sleep my friend, you'll have to take one for the team, bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

noodler wrote: »
    Nobody needs a Wii!

Hmm good point...

although it does attract the dust, taking it away from the xbox and ps3 so its useful for that...

I also use it to stop my table from getting rings from my teacup.

So yes, everyone who drinks tea needs a wii...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wii has some great games but outside of the big nintendo games they get totally ignored by people which is a right shame. If you think the wii is just party games and the odd nintendo franchise game then you are sorely mistaken because there are plenty of great games on it. No where near as much as the PS3 and 360 but all of it's best games are exclusive and must plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

xbox vs ps3 is fine but vs wii ????? its so crap i often forget it exists, I would not class this as a console and dont think any true gamer would :D oh and before you start yes I know its a few good games and the resident evil remake but so what its still totally crap and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentance as ps3 or xbox

The holy trinity.

e4150f12.jpg

Although, one is the clear favourite in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Final Fantasy Versus 13 will be multi platform and probably crap whenever its released.

DC Universe will be better on the PC but the less said about that platform here the better.

The others do look great though, great year for Sony lots of stuff for us to look forward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

colm1234 wrote: »
    xbox vs ps3 is fine but vs wii ????? its so crap i often forget it exists, I would not class this as a console and dont think any true gamer would :D

Your loss. :)
    The Wii is a great console.

If you're a true gamer, you own all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

colm1234 wrote: »
    xbox vs ps3 is fine but vs wii ????? its so crap i often forget it exists, I would not class this as a console and dont think any true gamer would :D oh and before you start yes I know its a few good games and the resident evil remake but so what its still totally crap and does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentance as ps3 or xbox

A "true gamer" will have played/want to play:
    Mario Galaxy 1&2
    Mario Kart
    Zelda Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword on the horizon
    Muramasa
    Metroid Prime trilogy and Other M (mixed reviews but still)
    Okami
    MadWorld
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    New Super Mario Bros.

Plenty of games worth playing on it, theres a ton of dross on there but thats the same with any console.

In all fairness, the Wii only appeals to those gamers that suffer from "Gamer Nostalgia", i'm perfectly happy 360/PS3/PC combo.

In all fairness, the Wii only appeals to those gamers that suffer from "Gamer Nostalgia", i'm perfectly happy 360/PS3/PC combo.

if gamer nostalgia means playing stuff as good as Mario Galaxy 2 then fine by me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry but that's just pure BS. If you don't have a Wii you are missing out on some of the best games this generation. If you really do like games you'll own all 3 otherwise you're missing out on so much. The Wii probably has more exclusives than the PS3 and 360 combined many of which are amazing. Games such as:

Batman: Brave and the Bold
    A Boy and his Blob
    De Blob
    Boom Blox 1 and 2
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Fatal Frame 4
    Endless Ocean 1 and 2
    Fire Emblem
    House of the Dead Overkill
    Little Kings Story
    Madworld
    Mario Kart
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    Punch Out
    Sin and Punishment 2
    Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
    No More Heroes 1 and 2
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
    Trauma Centre games
    Zack and Wiki
    Warioland Shake Dimension
    Lost Winds
    Cave Story
    Dead Space Extraction
    Kirbys Epic Yarn
    Klonoa
    Metroid Other M
    Zelda Twilight Princess
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Konami's Rebirth series

All those games are fantastic and the vast majority are exclusive to the Wii. You're missing out if you don't have one. It may have a bad image but the Wii is far from a bad console and if it's gathering dust it's your fault and not the consoles.

Meh, i love nintendo games, always have... i just hate the wii controller. I havent even played mario galaxy yet... mainly because i hate the whole wii concept, only game i've played fully on the wii is zelda... and thats only because of how i love zelda games.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »

All those games are fantastic and the vast majority are exclusive to the Wii. You're missing out if you don't have one. It may have a bad image but the Wii is far from a bad console and if it's gathering dust it's your fault and not the consoles.

Bingo, not to mention the stuff on the DS, I'm more excited about the 3DS than most of the stuff coming out on the other consoles this year. Nintendo may have this uncool family image at the moment, but when it comes to innovation and game design they can knock it out of the park when they want. Its sad how people now equate "true gamers" to people who play First Person Shooter Yearly Update #7 instead of something like Muramasa (and this is coming from a CoD player :pac: )

You shouldn't let a controller put you off. Most of the best games only use motion control sparingly if at all and if used as a normally controller it works surprisingly well, I'd actually prefer it over the PS3 dualshock and it doesn't make my fingers numb like the 360 and PS3 pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Gamer's Nostalgia is including to play wii version of RE4?? wow , i am so old :P

in all fairness, there is almost no difference now to choose to ps3/xbox360 due to the pathetic amount of exclusives( is basically GT5+Uncharted vs GoW+some rare jrpg to me). my ps3 has more use to play BD movies than playing games lol

since i am the stubborn gamer who insist my FPS needs to be played on PC, and i always find wrpg are played better on pc too - i only turn on my consoles for
    1.marios games/action games(bayonetta, muramasa)
    2.jrpg
    3.RE games/shooting games(RE chronicles, Metroid Prime) on wii
    4.old games (i still turn on my ps2 from time to time, megaman :pac:)

and i heard fanboism is not cool in 2011 :pac: there is just no reason to trash any console at this point, we all know they have their own strong and weakness, wii is GREAT when it comes to party games.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Gamer's Nostalgia is including to play wii version of RE4?? wow , i am so old :P

in all fairness, there is almost no difference now to choose to ps3/xbox360 due to the pathetic amount of exclusives( is basically GT5+Uncharted vs GoW+some rare jrpg to me). my ps3 has more use to play BD movies than playing games lol

since i am the stubborn gamer who insist my FPS needs to be played on PC, and i always find wrpg are played better on pc too - i only turn on my consoles for
    1.marios games/action games(bayonetta, muramasa)
    2.jrpg
    3.RE games/shooting games(RE chronicles, Metroid Prime) on wii
    4.old games (i still turn on my ps2 from time to time, megaman :pac:)

and i heard fanboism is not cool in 2011 :pac: there is just no reason to trash any console at this point, we all know they have their own strong and weakness, wii is GREAT when it comes to party games.

The PS3 lineup for this year is incredible, The Last Guardian is top of my "want" list. Theres at least 20 games out this year I'll definitely be buying,thank christ I rarely buy dvds anymore, gaming is an expensive hobby :(

There may be some Wii games that'd i'd be interested in, such as the Metroid series and some of the Mario games, but not enough to make me spend 150 euro + however much the games cost. I'm sure alot of people are in that boat too. Also if your not a fan of anime and the majority of Japanese games in general , such as myself (JRPGs being my personal hate), then it's even less plausible.

My main point, yes i do have one, is that people really shouldn't say that "If you don't have a Wii your not a real gamer", i suppose that goaded me into leaving my original comment.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    in all fairness, there is almost no difference now to choose to ps3/xbox360 due to the pathetic amount of exclusives( is basically GT5+Uncharted vs GoW+some rare jrpg to me). my ps3 has more use to play BD movies than playing games lol .

... what ? Read my post on the previous page..... how is that a pathetic amount ? If thats pathetic... what do you call the amount of exclusives available for the PC !!!

meh... i might give mario galaxy a bash, see what all the fuss is about.

Magill wrote: »
    meh... i might give mario galaxy a bash, see what all the fuss is about.

If you don't like it then you have no soul.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you don't like it then you have no soul.

lol, mario64 and sunshine are 2 of my alltime favs (Not to mention SMW and the orginal 3)... its just that i cant get into liking the wii.... Can you use a gamecube controller on it ? That'd be handy.

Magill wrote: »
    lol, mario64 and sunshine are 2 of my alltime favs (Not to mention SMW and the orginal 3)... its just that i cant get into liking the wii.... Can you use a gamecube controller on it ? That'd be handy.

No its Wii controller only, its part of the game and implemented well though. you gonna get the 1st or 2nd? the first is fun but the 2nd is seriously one of the best games you'll ever play, and the music is fantastic, gotta love orchestral scores, I was grinning like a loon when I heard the updated version of the Ghost House music from Mario World :D

• Advertisement

Thought the first one was as good as the second game and the second one was more of the same but when more of the same is more of one of the best games ever then it's alright with me.

Advertisement