Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query (on older Ducatos)

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm looking for information.Can anyone give me a good source for Ducato parts for vans up to 1993. All my attempts so far have met with a wall of silence, it seems easy to get parts from 1994 but not before. As there are so many campers out there built on this lovely Fiat, you would think it would be easy.
    Thanks ...................b:(:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

very scarce.. I've failed so far to get rear leaf spring- hanger bushings . What do you need , in particular ? Aside from the hanger bushings , Borris Auto Parts (067) 27000 can get nearly all suspension parts .

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

I'm looking for a R/S front door handle complete, but am having no luck finding one. All idea's welcome.Donohoes on the Kylemore road D12 (01-4242600) have oil seals and CV boots and may have other bits and pieces,but not body part's .Thanks for everything so far..................b:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Had problems myself with a 1991 model C25. Got them at www.a-t-m.de . Site is in German but get the part number off fiat and away you go. very happy with the service.

Thanks bijapos, I have just looked at the site using my translator and sent them an email, I hope they have a translator on the other end. I used my vin number as i'm told you can trace most things with that,I just wonder if there is a big difference between a 92 and a 94 part, or could it be modified to fit ?.................................................b:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

another thing that might help finding the right parts is Fiats internal type classification:

Type 280 1981 - 1990
    AETV26676837_1b.jpg

Type 290 1990-1993/94
    fullsize.jpgbig_0.jpg

Type 230 1994 - 2002
    FiatDucato%20GLT328%20001.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Peasant, it looks like mine is a Type 290, but looking at the pictures, there seems to be little or no difference. I'm going out now to trawl the breakers yards, hope they are open on a Saturday. You know, if it wasn't for all this DOE crap I could have lived happily with my slightly faulty door handle,not sure yet whether it's a good thing or not. When it moves out of the hassle bracket I'll know................b:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

boyoh wrote: »
    Thanks bijapos, I have just looked at the site using my translator and sent them an email, I hope they have a translator on the other end. I used my vin number as i'm told you can trace most things with that,I just wonder if there is a big difference between a 92 and a 94 part, or could it be modified to fit ?.................................................b:)

just be sure to explain it's the older model from '94 , not the newer one , as they're completetly different .

boyoh wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm looking for information.Can anyone give me a good source for Ducato parts for vans up to 1993. All my attempts so far have met with a wall of silence, it seems easy to get parts from 1994 but not before. As there are so many campers out there built on this lovely Fiat, you would think it would be easy.
    Thanks ...................b:(:)

Found the part (R/S doorhandle) in Germany. Winging it's way to me as I speak. Thanks to Peasant for that website, guy on the other end of the emails had endless patience with me,and a lot of know how.:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You mean this guy http://www.axel-augustin.de/shop/ from the other thread?

Yeah ...he's one of the founders of the German Ducato forum ...he knows his stuff (at least that's what I gathered)

Yeah, he's the one. I will certainly do business with him again..........b:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement