Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What books do we need???

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

are we told on orientation what books we need to get or any1 no wat de story is with that thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

no they lecturers would recommend certain books.they should tell you about it when you go to the library during the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

You will be given a module descripter for each subject at the start of lectures. Now when i was in first year I bought books and found they were a waste of money as we only used sections of them and we were also given notes. So i used the library for everything for the rest of my course.

Once your registered and have a student card. Go to the library tell you want to get an online library account. They will give you a password. You can now log on here:

http://ipac.ncirl.ie/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1251975I91LA3.163&profile=nci&menu=account&ts=1251975391359

With this you can reserve books online and they will be held in the library. You can also renew books that you already have out. After first year I used the library instead for buying books. It will save you a fortune.

Advertisement