Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgrove to tesco, anyone know the way?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

So does anyone know the way the tesco from belgrove? I've heard theres a shortcut but its a half hour walk or something. Any info dudes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

:pThere are two Tescos near UCD.

Nutley and stillorgan or something.

Nutley is a 25 minute walk, stillorgan is bus trip away.

NUTLEY
    (maybe not the quickest way, but they've made the easier way awkward due to building the new student centre.)

Head through the arts block then past AIB to the main UCD entrance. (path is on the right)

Head across the dual carriageway (plenty of lights around, if you get run down you're a plank).

Turn left and walk along until you find a right turn into a small estate..you can shed minutes off the walk by turning right here ...wooo shortcut..:p

Whether you turned right or not keep walking until you come to nutley road (avenue? drive? nutley something, it's big, it's packed and there's ambulances everywhere)

Turn right, walk down to the bus stop near the hospital and hop across the road at the lights. Mind the ambulances!

Keep heading down the road, crossing a few more roads and turn left into nutley shopping centre. TESCO is huge you can't miss it.

If you feel like a change of scene try the "easier" route on the way home.
    Come out of tescos, turn right start walking. When you reach UCD stop walking. This is only difficult because the builders have set up a maze around the health science building which has partially blocked off the way.

Stillorgan

I've done this trip once. It was dark, I was tired, I was thrown on a bus, we ran across four lanes of speeding traffic and the shop was a mess as it was like 11pm on halloween. It may not even have been a tescos. Someone else will have to tell you the bus number. It goes from the other side of the dual carriage way to UCD.

hope that was a help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭luke999

Thx very much, they are perfecto directo. Ill letcha know if i make it or not! thx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There is a closer supervalue. Stillorgan is a tesco.

Anyone up for a free pint, there is also a blood donation clinic beside stillorgan tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Tesco Merrion (on Nutley Avenue) ftw.

IMO it's the best Tesco in the city, very well maintained huge store that has everything.

Best way to walk is over towards Health Science, head around the back and out the Greenfield Gate, from there it's straight all the way to Tesco, about 15 mins walk from Greenfield Gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

you make things too complicated.

for the merrion tesco, walk out of ucd main gate, take a left then take a right into nutley road and keep on going down for tesco:)it's only like 15 mins but worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement