Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalkeeper Required

Options
  • 03-09-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Any goalkeepers out there who want to play in the twilight league in Galway.
    We're in the 2nd tier, and have a pretty decent team, our current goalkeeper has other commitments so we need a replacement.

Could also use a few defenders if anyone is interested...

We've already started pre-season but there's still 3 weeks til the season kicks off. It's 11-aside on the AstroTurf in Mervue.

We've a friendly game next Monday night, would be perfect for try-outs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

What defenders do you need? I played right back at my local club before I started college 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

We currently play a system with 3 CB's and 2 wing backs so competition for those places would be great. if you're good on the ball and don't panic in defense you'd be more than welcome to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I'll mull over it. What time is the friendly on Monday? I have a martial arts class I need to get to as well.

friendly is 7:15 kick off in Mervue. PM me your details if you want to come along. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I hear the First Division will be tough to get out of this year. Best of luck lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

I know lad who has Pat Jennings hair and big hands. will I let him know

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

hi i could play wing back maybe i do play in goal im not to bad but not exactly 6ft though

GALWAYINDOOR

You should come down for the friendly on Monday. You don't need to be 6ft to be a good keeper :)

Not in the Twilight League in any case...

There's going to be a site with results and fixtures and all that lark for the new season I hear.

Has been difficult to find out how you are faring compared to other teams in the past.

What team do you play for by the way?

Ravenwood FC
    We're a new team, we started last season finished mid table or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'd definately be interested...

Used to play in goal for my school way back in the day and for the local team as a full back/centre back. Call me a utility player :D

I liv in Mervue so it'd be handy aswell let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

PM

Keeper's jersey still up for grabs...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

The Twilight League will have a simple website with fixtures, results and league tables for the new season.

The regular production of league tables was badly needed for years, but everything should be updated now on the Saturday following each weeks matches.

The site isn't online yet, but will appear at http://www.TwilightLeague.com/

A league forum has been up since last night and can be found at http://TwilightLeague.freeforums.org/

Apologies for the thread hijack but I thought it would be useful information.

That page that Gufcfan was on about is at www.twilightleague.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If there's positions available i'd be interested ?
    I've played in Goals for a season and upfront when I lived abroad.

Advertisement