Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get the last of the 100w lightbulbs

• 03-09-2009 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Now that the EU/Green loonies have dictated that we must all lose our eyesight while trying to read under the "light" given off by cfl's, where can I pick up the last of the traditional 100 watt bulbs. My local supermarkets/woodies etc haven't got them in stock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,893 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

i think you'll be glad to know that cfls will not be the only type of bulb on the market after the phasing out of energy inefficient bulbs.

check out halogen bulbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Do halogen bulbs require new light fittings?

My brother had these put in in his new extension and they blew after about a month of use, possibly because of over heating in the recessed socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

I'd love to know where I could buy some 100 watt bulbs myself.

Incidently Lidl are selling 60w and 40w bulbs half price next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Hi Dave,

You may have got yourself sorted already but if not, I picked up some 100w bulbs at the weekend in my local Dunnes (Balbriggan).

No special offers - Solas brand 76c each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I think the halogens are 20% more efficient. While being about 3 times the cost and I think not much better in longevity. Not a great replacement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement