Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit union loan

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, i want to get one loan out to cover all my debts so i can start saving for a house and i'm thinking off going to the credit union.
    Does anyone have any experience of getting loans with them, or how long do you have to be saving with them , how much will i need saved with them etc before i can get a loan.
    my total dets amount to 26k:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Hi pw. Well in my own experience I needed to have 20% of what I wanted in a loan held in savings. So in other words, if you want 26k from them, they will prob need in region of 5-7k in savings. And you would need to have been saving a few months at least (as far as I know). Also they will ask for last two months of salary slips.

Interest rates seem to vary from 7-10% depending on the credit union.

Advertisement