Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been to the Guinness Storehouse?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Have you visited the Storehouse? 93 votes

Oh Tooraloora, to be sure i have.
    0% 0 votes
    No, That place is for Yanks
    78% 73 votes
    I have a Bellybutton
    21% 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

Scien wrote: »
    As Dubliners, have you visited it's #1 attraction?

I lived in Cork for the bones of 23 years but i aint never kissed no Blarney Stone Fool.

I went to the Storehouse a few weeks back just for something to do. It's actually a great way to kill a Saturday.
    Nice pint at the end of it too!
    NO!!! But I shall someday......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a stack of those little pebbles from going there over the years.

I've had a lot of foreign girlfriends and they tend to want to go there.

Only went last week for the first time. They don't give out the little pebbles anymore, plus when you get to the end of the tour and go to the gravity bar, you only get the 1 free pint and after that you can't even buy another one.

Its a pity really as the view is something else, you could spend all day up there. Thats probably why you can't buy a gargle.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yes, i have and it was brilliant. i really enjoyed it

but i am not a dubliner so i dont know if it counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

irishbird wrote: »

but i am not a dubliner so i dont know if it counts

2925131189_d4e7374e8b.jpg?v=0

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah yes, I've been to a few gigs there, DEAF had a launch there a good few years back if I recall correctly. And Budweiser put on a big free gig there a couple of years ago. Nice venue for those kind of things.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I have, good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Never been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

never gone meself either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yeah, I've been there a few times. Need to go back soon, one of my friends works there and keeps telling me to go. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I worked there when it was part of the Guinness production plant, does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Never been either. I will eventually I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I've been numerous times. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't been. Do it as part of the Hop on Hop off tour perhaps, which is also really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I pass it at least twice a day and live 5 minutes walk away but I've never been! Doubt if any of my neighbours have either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's an innie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I've been its definitely a great way to kill a day.Beauty of a pint aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Scien wrote: »
    I lived in Cork for the bones of 23 years but i aint never kissed no Blarney Stone Fool.

Lucky for you...I've heard what the tour coach drivers do to it to get back at the Yanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

I've been a good few times and it is definitely a great way to spend a Saturaday (or any other day for that matter)

But... I wasn't particularly impressed with the pint. Don't get me wrong, it was grand, not a bad pint or anything but it just wasn't great. Maybe I was expecting too much, being the home of Guinness and all. I had obviously built it up too much. However, in the tasting bar I did get half a glass of North Star... I miss that stuff.

For me, Top floor in Croke Park is still the best Guinness I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Been there twice I think..with fordiners both times. I thought it was a disappointment, plus the pints were mediocre. Nice venue for an event though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pass by it usually once a day, yet not inside. Not liking Guinness doesn't help motivation..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

went to the rugby splatter art exhibition there years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was going to go in today after seeing this thread but the last tour is 5pm. Thats a bit ridiculous. Looks like ill have to wait til tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yes, I've been to all the tourist spots at this stage I think. Will be visiting Dail Eireann for the first time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Have been there twice, once for some art exhibition, no idea what it was as I stayed at the bar getting free pints. Really nice pints, probably helped by the fact they where free!
    And again for a market research thingy, try four random types of Guinness tell them what you think and get 40 notes for it. They pints where shocking bad though.
    Will have to try the tour sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

No!! And I've love to, but the OH has never taken me, in all the years I've been living in Dublin!

Then again, I don't like Guinness, or even beer, so maybe it'd be a waste. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No!! And I've love to, but the OH has never taken me, in all the years I've been living in Dublin!

Then again, I don't like Guinness, or even beer, so maybe it'd be a waste. :(

why do you need your OH to take you:confused:

does he keep you tied to the kitchen sink

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Once upon a time people who made deliveries to the Guinness plant were offered two pints as a thank you tip for making the drop . Back in the day I was a lorry drivers helper working for Chadwicks Builders Supplies . We made four deliveries that day .

As a side bar : A pint of Guinness cost 2/6 at that time , So effectively Me & Mossy the driver got pissed for the equivalent of a Quid each.

8 half crowns to the pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

ni i have not but the boss (wife) wants to go so we are ging to visit dublin for a weekens soon and thats on the top of the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

irishbird wrote: »
    why do you need your OH to take you:confused:

does he keep you tied to the kitchen sink

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 iercepa

been there twice with people visiting, the view on a clear day is very impressive.

Advertisement