Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been to the Guinness Storehouse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I've been once. It was with free passes me ma gave me.

I thought it was dreadful. The building didn't impress me and I learnt just about nothing about Guinness and how it's made. Well, at least in comparison to the Jameson tour.

It's all terribly tacky and the pints from the Sky Bar were atrocious, so to was the atmosphere - American and Japanese tourists holding up their pint for a photo, taking a sip and then putting it down and leaving.

For 15quid it's an absolute waste of money in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

5 times in the past year alone :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Not much pint in going when you are physically unable to plough through a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Been a couple of times for various functions, never for a tour or for just 'going there'.

Never made it to the sky bar but did get a pint on the floor below. Wasn't nice tbh, and I'd be a fan of a pint of Guinness (not awful, mind, but as someone said above - I was expecting a nice pint in the home of the Guinness. Didn't get that by a long enough stretch).

From walking through and not taking part in the 'tour', or whatever it is, I wouldn't really be tempted to go back and do it. €15 in (is it?) and the first thing you see is a massive shop? The whole thing looks and feels a bit tacky to me. Could be wrong, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

done the tour, now recommending the jameson distillery instead

think that says it all really

and agree with sky bar comment, i love my guinness but it was rubbish in the bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

15 euro for a free pint? No thanks, though I've been with free passes. Rip off is right.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yep, went in one Sunday with the bf when we were bored.. Not the most exciting thing I've ever done but I can see the attraction with the tourists.. You get a free pint of Guinness at the end or a softdrink of your choice.. I can't stand Guinness :( 'vom'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i went with an american friend who was visiting dublin,didnt think it was up to much,worth it just to see what its like though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

We had our Christmas party in the Gravity bar last year :-) We had a 3 course buffet which was delish... I am still lusting after their Chocolate and Guiness mousse. *drool*

€15 is pretty darn steep, but tbh, I've gotten in twice for free what with work and another gig ;-), so I wouldn't be bothered going in again unless I had someone staying with me and they *really* wanted to go there. Besides, I don't particularly like the drink.

Now, if we were going to a distillery...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was there once.
    Was doing an interview and assesment centre for a job. Got rejected :(

Anyway, we were there for the day and got lunch and a pebble that you exchanged for a pint in the Gravity bar.
    Place looked great. Though the people with me said the pint was terrible. I'm not realy able to judge so I'll take their word for it.

I'll do the tour someday

• Advertisement
Advertisement