Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Helmet Wanted

• 03-09-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a decent road helmet (spiuk, met stradivarius, giro monza etc) for sale?
    Need a replacement due to a recent crash so just checking what's out there before shelling out for a new one.

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've got a large sized dark grey Bell doing nothing at the moment. It doesn't match any of my current gear, and hasn't had any impacts.

If you're interested I'll post a pic when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Lumen wrote: »
    I've got a large sized dark grey Bell doing nothing at the moment. It doesn't match any of my current gear, and hasn't had any impacts.

If you're interested I'll post a pic when I get home.

Yeah please do thanks Lumen.
    Do you know the model type? (sweep, volt, furio, alchera)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I have a large Giro Ionos if interested only worn it 5 or 6 times, in great condition, its the light blue colour.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Giro_Ionos_Helmet/5360033080/

heffsarmy wrote: »
    I have a large Giro Ionos if interested only worn it 5 or 6 times, in great condition, its the light blue colour.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Giro_Ionos_Helmet/5360033080/

Thanks for posting, what price have you in mind?

CPL 593H

I paid 168euro for it...would 90 euro suit?

• Advertisement

I paid 168euro for it...would 90 euro suit?

l'll seriously consider it depending on what else is offered.
    The light blue wouldn't be my first colour choice but it is a top quality lid.
    Cheers for posting.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah please do thanks Lumen.
    Do you know the model type? (sweep, volt, furio, alchera)

I think it's a Bell Sweep R, presumably like this except without those fancy transfers (and no visor).

I got it from CSS about a year ago.

I think it's a Bell Sweep R, presumably like this except without those fancy transfers (and no visor).

I got it from CSS about a year ago.

You got a price in mind Lumen?

CPL 593H

You got a price in mind Lumen?

€40 feels about right, since it's over €100 in CSS. Wiggle were doing it for £65ish but I'm guessing that was an end run cos it's now discontinued.

€40 feels about right, since it's over €100 in CSS. Wiggle were doing it for £65ish but I'm guessing that was an end run cos it's now discontinued.

Good price...
    Again l'll consider it depending on what else is offered.
    lf you could upload or mail me a pic later that would be great.
    Cheers again for posting.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

@Lumen - if furiousox doesn't want it then I'll take it off your hands for €40

assuming it is a Bell Large 59-63cm - it's the 63cm that's the important thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Anyone got a decent road helmet (spiuk, met stradivarius, giro monza etc) for sale?
    Need a replacement due to a recent crash so just checking what's out there before shelling out for a new one.
    Bear in mind that most manufacturers have a crash replacement programme where they will sell you a new one of whatever you crashed at a substantial discount (Giro is half RRP, waiting for my Atmos to be replaced at the moment.)

@Lumen- I would also take that Met off you at that price if stuf doesn't, off to France on Sunday and no sign of my replacement Atmos yet... Anyone else with a large I would be similarly interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭WLSM

blorg wrote: »
    Bear in mind that most manufacturers have a crash replacement programme where they will sell you a new one of whatever you crashed at a substantial discount (Giro is half RRP, waiting for my Atmos to be replaced at the moment.)

Blorg, how do you go about getting that discount - I smashed up my own Atmos recently - do you go through Giro or a retailer?

My apologies, it's a Bell Ghisallo, which is apparent only about £45 in the UK. Thing is, I remember paying way more than that in CSS, maybe it's the VAT. Can't find the receipt.

So the price is now €30. Any cheaper and I may as well keep it for mountain biking.

Sorry for the messing, not intentional!

pics attached

My apologies, it's a Bell Ghisallo, which is apparent only about £45 in the UK. Thing is, I remember paying way more than that in CSS, maybe it's the VAT. Can't find the receipt.

So the price is now €30. Any cheaper and I may as well keep it for mountain biking.

Sorry for the messing, not intentional!

pics attached

First off, thanks for taking the time to upload the pics Lumen.
    Unfortunately its not what l'm after so l'll pass on this one, l think stuf is next in line?
    Hope you manage to sell it on, thanks again.

CPL 593H

Any more for sale out there?
    Spiuk, Rudy, Giro etc?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

I'll pass as well Lumen - pity

FWIW, I think all the Bell helmets are much the same. I dimly recall that I tried on the Sweep but went for the Ghisallo cos it seemed no different.

To balance what might seem like a sales pitch, I wouldn't buy any Bell again, because they all look enormous, though they are very comfortable (I found event the most expensive Giros really uncomfortable).

stuf wrote: »
    I'll pass as well Lumen - pity

l think blorg is next in line after stuf...

CPL 593H

furiousox here are some pics of helmet, the helmet is in excellent condition, comes with spare helmet pads, head warmer for winter spins and manual.

• Advertisement

furiousox here are some pics of helmet, the helmet is in excellent condition, comes with spare helmet pads, head warmer for winter spins and manual.

Looks good heffsarmy, offer 80 euro and l'll collect it from your place.

CPL 593H

Deal, I'm send you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

Looks like you have a deal...I'm offering this just in case it doesn't workout

I have a Giro Monza (black with red and white details) size medium in perfect condition. I'll throw in the new, unopened replacement pads that came with the Giro Ionos I upgraded to.

These are are top notch with the antibacterial silver fibres that stop your helmet smelling or irritating your forehead and are the reason I upgraded in the first place.

The Ionos is perfectly fresh after lots of sweating so the pads would make a great upgrade to the Monza.

Used for 2 months and I'll sell for 30.

It's the same as the black model on the left here

http://www.thebellstore.com/Other/bellbicycle/Monza.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

WLSM wrote: »
    blorg wrote: »
    Blorg, how do you go about getting that discount - I smashed up my own Atmos recently - do you go through Giro or a retailer?
    You go direct to Madison who are the Giro distributor for the UK and Ireland.

http://www.madison.co.uk/giro/

chakattack wrote: »
    Looks like you have a deal...I'm offering this just in case it doesn't workout

I have a Giro Monza (black with red and white details) size medium in perfect condition. I'll throw in the new, unopened replacement pads that came with the Giro Ionos I upgraded to.

These are are top notch with the antibacterial silver fibres that stop your helmet smelling or irritating your forehead and are the reason I upgraded in the first place.

The Ionos is perfectly fresh after lots of sweating so the pads would make a great upgrade to the Monza.

Used for 2 months and I'll sell for 30.

It's the same as the black model on the left here

http://www.thebellstore.com/Other/bellbicycle/Monza.html

Thanks, l'm meeting up with heffsarmy tomorrow at 4pm to buy the lonos.
    lf for whatever reason it doesn't work out, l'll come back to you.
    Cheers.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I wouldn't buy any Bell again, because they all look enormous, though they are very comfortable (I found event the most expensive Giros really uncomfortable).

Great I just started cycling and it's hard enough wearing cycling shorts now I am going to be really conscious of my enormous bell helmet too :mad:

Time to buy some shades I guess!

Got the lonos from heffsarmy earlier today.
    Thanks everyone for all the input:)

CPL 593H

Advertisement