Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

herberton apartments

• 03-09-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has bought/living in the above complex?

i rang both sets of sellers today (Hooke Macdonald and GPK) and I got a pack of lies out of Hooke that the development was "enormously successful since its launch in 2007" while GPK said that the pricing and further building of the complex was "under review" - meaning that they will reduce prices again and are considering not completing all the blocks they had planned.

any big no nos i should be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

It's a bit too close to Dlophin House for my liking. Not a great area :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's Fatima Mansions. Prices have been cut but not enough. H&McD are complete chancers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

I live there- there is a large thread in the Accommodation forum.

There are more and more people moving in every week. The area is great in my opinion - what the fact that it used to be Fatima has to do with anything I'm not quite sure.

3 blocks are finished and have people living in them and they are working on the final one - on the interiors now - kitchens are fitted etc. Currently they are finishing off the last road in the complex. There are builders there every day, walking me up at 8am!!! Immediatley around me there are only 2 apartments that are not moved in yet. Not sure what there is to review as really to me there is not too much left to do.

The one downside is that the retail units are not really occupied - there is a cab office and a launderette that all. The gym is great.

For what its worth I think its worth looking at if the price is right for you.

Advertisement