Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear on a horse race?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    My boyfriend got us tickets to the Saturday race in Leopardstown.
    I have never been to a horse race before so I have no idea what to wear....I just don't wanna stick out like a sore thumb:(

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Are the tickets corporate (i.e. sit down lunch inside) or are they just normal tickets?

If the latter, you need something smart but weather appropriate and comfortable.

Trousers and a top with boots (v handy if it's raining) and a coat is versatile as it's warm and smart. Other option is a skirt and top or dress under a coat.

I'd advise avoiding 6 inch heels unless you can walk/stand in them all day long without getting sore feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

First things first, wear shoes or boots with a wedge or solid heel. NO stilettos, they look silly at the races and will stick in the ground. Then I'd recommend a nice pair of trousers, smart top and jacket or dress and jacket. Don't go overboard in something summery and flowery with a silly hat - it will frighten the horses! If you really want to dress up wear a dress in a plain colour (say black or navy) with a jacket or coat, scarf and a proper hat (NOT one those fascinator yokes).

Be sure to get good tips, study the form before each race and have a great time!

Advertisement