Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnLive Open Beta has Started

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Thats hardly going to be an issue? I presume The games will be communicating with each other locally (well like a LAN, locally).

Doesn't that assume you can only play other onlive players?

I doubt that is the case. It will run on the server so locally to other onlive players but standard lag to players elsewhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

thebman wrote: »

I doubt that is the case. It will run on the server so locally to other onlive players but standard lag to players elsewhere.

If you are playing non onlive players then it will double the lag. Lag from you to the onlive server and from the onlive server to the other player. It could make things un-playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I remember on the original convention video Steve Perlman talking about how they had developed some new compression technology for this.

Anyways, we won't know till its been tested out thoroughly.

Anyone know of anyone who is part of the Beta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

thebman wrote: »

I would presume you only can play with other onlive players?

As AC said it would double the lag if you didnt. Maybe if the dedicated server of the match was in the Onlive server farm it would work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I would presume you only can play with other onlive players?

As AC said it would double the lag if you didnt. Maybe if the dedicated server of the match was in the Onlive server farm it would work?

Seems like a severe limitation to me :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

........any news on this?

Advertisement