Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Boards Beers?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I think this was organized last year but I missed it =/

Would any of ye boardsies attending DIT this year be interested in some sort of scoopage? Throw out some ideas of times/venues/dates etc and maybe one of the mods could sticky this?

Perhaps once everyone is settled in we could aim to have a gathering towards the end of the month?:D

Would you be interested in a DIT Boards Session? 30 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Count me in anyway. Don't mind when it is really.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

Yea Sounds good i am in , would not mind giving a hand in putting it together if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I might need a hand being carried out afterwards or being driven home if you're a good samaritan? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Will you be waiting for the actual college year to start?

Aye, get to the end of the month maybe? Hence looking for suggestions ;)

• Advertisement

I say sometime in the start of October , when everyone is into the swing of things,
    Well first we should take ideas for what day to have it on? Wednesday Thursdays ? Then a venue ? A decent pub i am guessing , somewhere in the city center and close enough to all the campuses.

Brian Gormley already stated the college would be willing to give some funds for the night. I am one of the guys running gamesoc and we're willing to put some money into making it a good night too.

I have done this before its just bascially means money can be spend on finger food and also put behind the bar with a ticket systems for drinks , A non alcoholic options must be proved also and max two tickets per any person.

I say sometime in the start of October , when everyone is into the swing of things,
    Well first we should take ideas for what day to have it on? Wednesday Thursdays ? Then a venue ? A decent pub i am guessing , somewhere in the city center and close enough to all the campuses.

Brian Gormley already stated the college would be willing to give some funds for the night. I am one of the guys running gamesoc and we're willing to put some money into making it a good night too.

I have done this before its just bascially means money can be spend on finger food and also put behind the bar with a ticket systems for drinks , A non alcoholic options must be proved also and max two tickets per any person.

That sounds pretty good. I'm definitely interested but I'll have to wait and see what my course timetable looks like before I can make any commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭96blsh

count me in,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

who are the two who voted no :L

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    who are the two who voted no :L

Exactly what I was thinking:pac:

• Advertisement

so anybody for a venue ?

Stick up a few choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

is there no student bar in DIT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Basically no, having just come back from several bars i can assure you the cornerstone is a serious ****hole which has been geared towards the office workers in the surrounding area, once the pav in trinity is up and running again i plan on treating that as dit's unofficial student bar, assholes for company but cheaper drinks than you'll find anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

the city is our campus

ridiculous advertising tagline aside, Id be well up for this!! sounds like a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Coppers on a Thursday it is so! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i can sort out something in purty as i have contacts there, maybe even tripod/crawdaddy pending on what folk want, purty has cheap booze and i can waiver the entrance fee, so pending on how things go, its a viable option

i can sort out something in purty as i have contacts there, maybe even tripod/crawdaddy pending on what folk want, purty has cheap booze and i can waiver the entrance fee, so pending on how things go, its a viable option

purty is decent , so thats a good idea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Purty is ****! You spend all night queuing for drinks!

Purty is ****! You spend all night queuing for drinks!
    And climbing stairs!! Antics on a Wednesday or Thrashed in ALT on a Tuesday ftw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ok well where ever we pick, given my elder age... i thinks i could work a deal out for something, i work alot in nightclub promotions and the likes...

maybe everybody chuck up a few clubs, get a poll for voting... set a time limit.. and work from there, remember we have bout a month for this.

diceys does free food and free into krystal after.
    purty - free in - 3 yos drinks, maybe reserved table
    crawdaddy - free in 3 yos drinks, maybe reservede table

sure theres a few more, but folk throw up ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

I have never liked Purdy...Seems like all I do in there is walk up and down stairs...crawdaddys is great tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

let's make this happen, since i'm now a freelancer i'll be there if graduates are allowed ;).

pity it didn't happen last year, but probably wouldn't have had time to make it due to FYP.

Advertisement