Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Registration for Eirtakon 2009 Now Open

Options
  • 03-09-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Eirtakon 09 registrations open!

Eirtakon 09 is pleased to announce the commencement of online registrations for this years convention. By using the booking form on the site attendees will be able to book their place and purchase tickets through Paypal. Places are limited so book early to avoid disappointment. Please note that currently we can only accept credit card payments through paypal. We can also accept cheques and bank drafts. Instructions on payment will be delivered with your invoice.

Please go to the pre-registration page (http://eirtakon.com/register) fill in the form and you will be emailed an invoice and details on payment within 48 hours hours. You have seven working days from receipt of the invoice to pay or your registration will be cancelled. Those of you who purchase weekend tickets will receive a free t-shirt and a goody bag while stocks last.
    Weekend tickets are limited to five hundred and their are two hundred places each for Saturday and Sunday tickets. As always Friday's events will be free.

Tickets and printed receipts will be posted to all attendees in October, please bring this receipt on the weekend to claim your t-shirt and goody bag. Anyone who loses or forgets their ticket will not be admitted to the convention. Similarly anyone who loses or forgets their receipt will not receive a t-shirt or goody bag.

Registrations will close on September 30th any tickets that are not sold before this date will be available to purchase on the weekend of the convention from the front desk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Is it finished already??Ive only heard the news and then seen that its finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Same here.

I think it's far too early to close registrations

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Preregistration for Eirtakon 09 is closed.
    My apologies if you missed the deadline, we did make an announcement of pre-reg opening on the eirtakon home page and bebo page though.

It might be an idea to sign up for the Eirtakon newsletter to be sure not to miss future news updates

News Letter Sign up

as for why it is closed now, well we need to close pre-reg a few weeks before the Con so we can get the T-shirts printed, pre-reg gives us a general idea of the number of each size to purchase and we estimate the remainders.

Don't worry though if you didn't pre-reg, you'll still be able to buy a ticket at the door on saturday morning and a Eirtakon Tshirt will come freely with a purchase of a Weekend ticket as usual.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

damn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Ah thats fine then.As long as I get to go.I thought it was sold out when you said it was closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

I am signed up to the newsletter, but I didn't get any notification.

How come registration is only open around two months before the convention? There's an anime convention in the UK that opened registration last Sunday and the event itself is not being held until April next year and this is typical of many cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Demonique wrote: »

How come registration is only open around two months before the convention? There's an anime convention in the UK that opened registration last Sunday and the event itself is not being held until April next year and this is typical of many cons.

Certainly not typical of any Irish convention I have ever attended.

The schedule we have operated on is standard for an Irish convention, and was also the only one circumstances allowed us.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience

However I would also like to say once more that Eirtakon has not sold out. You will be able to buy tickets for the weekend at the desk on the day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah i got the same. i was trying to sign up for the newsletter and all i was getting was timeouts when i submitted the signup form

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Demonique wrote:

Well the notice was sent out on the newsletter on the 3rd of September and arrived in both my hotmail and gmail account so maybe check how your spam is being handled?
    i was trying to sign up for the newsletter and all i was getting was timeouts when i submitted the signup form

I just signed up to the newsletter there without a hitch. Maybe try again or take a print screen of the info you filled in and pm me and I'll see if there is something unusual about it.

Advertisement