Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting A herd number

• 03-09-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

we've a dairy farm at home should be milking 80 only milking 55 at the min with everything thats going on from poor weather to poor milk price!! The auld boys only tipping 50 now next year and has no intention of handing over the reins to me( not sure i want them at the minute with the way things are). Anyway not to bore ye all with my life story i want to start up my own suckler herd taking a few calves every year from the auld boy and maybe pick up a few of me own along the way too. I'd like to do this under my own name with my own herd number which i realise the department dont just hand out that easy. Ive started already still using the auld boys herd number have a small plot rented with housing and a crush from a neighbour. Where do I start now to look abut the herd number

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

stagg88 wrote: »
    we've a dairy farm at home should be milking 80 only milking 55 at the min with everything thats going on from poor weather to poor milk price!! The auld boys only tipping 50 now next year and has no intention of handing over the reins to me( not sure i want them at the minute with the way things are). Anyway not to bore ye all with my life story i want to start up my own suckler herd taking a few calves every year from the auld boy and maybe pick up a few of me own along the way too. I'd like to do this under my own name with my own herd number which i realise the department dont just hand out that easy. Ive started already still using the auld boys herd number have a small plot rented with housing and a crush from a neighbour. Where do I start now to look abut the herd number
    you will have to go to your local dept of agriculture district veterinary office. they will give you a ER1 form so they will. you fill this out (its a big enough application) and then hand it back in. An AO or agricultural inspecter will then get in touch with you and will ay you a visit to make sure you have the correct things needed for the herd number, land , cattle crush etc etc. it will take about 3-4 weeks and then you will be able to buy in stock. it not really all that big of a job to be honest and once you have the criteria the department will give you your herd number then no probs.

Advertisement