Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best time to travel to australia

Options
  • 03-09-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

looking for some advise please,

myself and my husband have decided to go to australia for approx 5/6 weeks but we are unsure when to go. i would like warm weather preferably.

also if anyone can advise where we should go and what we should do (im 28 and hubby 32), should we try to fit in new zeland while we have gone that far.

really need help and advise please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You are too vague, Australia is the size of europe. So where to go ... everywhere ...

Okay since I live in sydney I personally think the best time for sydney is end Jan Feb/March/April timeframe (or oct/nov)

Dec is usually storm season, a lot of rain mixed in with heat, you'll get some great days but also massive rain. if heading east coast there has been flooding two years in a row around this time.

Saying that NYE and xmas are also a great time to be around as sydney is packed and lots of things to do, but also accommadation is expensive, Feb still holds the weather and you get some cracking days right up to April.

What to do? I would personally say east coast -> sydney, then melbourne, over to the west coast to perth -> broome if you have time, maybe even a few days in tassie if you want stunning natural beauty

The middle is hot and humid in the summer, avoid the north during rainy season.

My quick thoughts anyway, do a search on this forum, this has been asked plenty of times

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭paddylast

The best time would be dec,jan, feb. if you intend to go up to cairns it will be rain season then. if you intend to go to the outback in these months make sure you have a fly net for your face as will be more in the Oz summer.

perfect time to visit Sydney and melbourne and brisbane etc.

these months are NZ busiest so accomodation will prob have to booked in advance

Advertisement