Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emirates stadium next year!!

Options
  • 03-09-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey all,
    My fiance is a die hard arsenal fan and would like to take him to see them play next year. It does not matter what month.Would like to fly from Dublin. Who does these deals? Think Thomas Cook do, but not from dublin.

Thanks to everyone for replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think Lastminute do ticket and hotel deals for football matches. Not cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Schrodingercat

Des Abbot Travel on the cabra/navan Road do I think, and Celtic Horizon tours(http://www.celtichorizontours.com/) definitely do (both Irish companies).

They will probably offer to sell you hotel and ticket (they can't sell ticket only) and let you get your own flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Abbey travel also do match and hotel packages. Not cheap either.

http://www.abbeytravel.ie/event/Arsenal7

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

There had been some ad's for club level packages in the classifieds in the Independent and the Irish Times in the last month or so. Club level (Premium) would be a real threat! There is also sometimes a section in the Times travel supplement Go about going to matches, haven't seen it this season yet though.

Be careful if you're booking 2010 matches before Christmas because the tv schedules mightn't be fixed and this can cause the matches to be moved. We were booked to go to a Saturday game before and it was moved to a Monday night. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Buffy the bitch

bruzz wrote: »
    Hey all,
    My fiance is a die hard arsenal fan and would like to take him to see them play next year. It does not matter what month.Would like to fly from Dublin. Who does these deals? Think Thomas Cook do, but not from dublin.

Thanks to everyone for replies.

Just back from the Celtic game, unreal stadium.

It will be very hard you really have to know somebody because they don't do tickets they have season books which you swipe going in then you have to give the card back to the person you got it off.

Goodluck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

Hi there, does anyone know where the best place to book a trip to see a Premiership match at The Emirates is? I'm looking for a weekend trip, two nights stay and match tickets package. I've been using Google to search but I get a lot of varying prices, does anyone know what the best is?

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bruzz

Thanks for all the replies guys. Some do look quite expensive alright.

Superstarhoney - did you book one that you seen in a newspaper before?
    have seen some of them before and look quite reasonable. Just wondering how you found them? Thanks.

Sorry buffy, not sure what you mean if anyone could clarify,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Pazma wrote: »
    Hi there, does anyone know where the best place to book a trip to see a Premiership match at The Emirates is? I'm looking for a weekend trip, two nights stay and match tickets package. I've been using Google to search but I get a lot of varying prices, does anyone know what the best is?

Thanks in advance.
    Before posting a new thread, please review the forum for a similar thread. This one was even on the first page!

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pazma

Before posting a new thread, please review the forum for a similar thread. This one was even on the first page!

Yea, sorry bout that, bit of laziness on my part. Won't happen again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

If you are living in Dublin join the supporters club and we should be able to get you a ticket for maybe the lesser teams depending on demand. If you give us enough notice

If not from Dublin look at the supporters clubs around Ireland

http://www.arsenal.com/fanzone/arsenal-supporters-clubs

All those travel agents charge way to much. They cannot sell a ticket for over face value but its the accommodation they get you on

Link below for the Dublin supporters club. So it will be more than impossible to get tickets for the bigger teams but if you fiance is a die hard fan he would love to see any game

Cheers

No I didn't book the club level package through a travel agent, I got the tickets through work.

I went to Highbury in the past on packages from travel agents but I didn't personally organise them. The tickets and accommodation were alway fine but the packages are quite expensive but they can be your only option if you have no other way of getting a ticket.

Anyone seen any ads in the classifeds of any of the papers for the emirates? Is it any day that they could be in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im not an Arsenal fan but I have been to Highbury many times as the ex was a north Londoner and I'd often catch a game when in town.
    Anyway I never once had a problem getting a ticket off a tout- they were usually double the face value (approx £60-70).
    This was back in the days of when Arsenals capicity was far less than it is now in the Emirates so Im guessing its even easier now that they have more seats.

Paying touts is a pain but when you look at some of the travel agents prices for packages you begin to wonder who are the real touts.

I haven't seen any of those ads lately. If you were possibly thinking of going to a few games you could become a Red Arsenal member (think it's around 30 pound) and possibly buy a ticket through that but Red members are the last to get offered tickets so they're usually only available for lower profile matches.

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I haven't seen any of those ads lately. If you were possibly thinking of going to a few games you could become a Red Arsenal member (think it's around 30 pound) and possibly buy a ticket through that but Red members are the last to get offered tickets so they're usually only available for lower profile matches.

+1

Just a heads up on Red Membership, although they are the last to get tickets offered, Arsenal now allow season ticket holders who can't attend matches to put their season ticket up for sale on the Arsenal website.

As a result it is easiser for red members to get tickets now and this includes high profile matches (although it is more difficult for these matches it is not impossible )as you will always have people who can't attend and will put their seats on ticket exchange for sale, it is just a case of going online regularly and checking.

Would advise anyone thinking of going to Arsenal matches in a season to try and get red membership.

Link below is Arsenal ticket page. Any questions plesae don't hesitate to ask in this thread or pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

Does being a red member only give one ticket per membership

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

flan59 wrote: »
    Does being a red member only give one ticket per membership

Yep,you'd need another red membership if you wanted to get 2 tickets together.

Advertisement