Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband upgrade

• 03-09-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I just upgraded my internet this morning from 3Mb to 10Mb but nothing yet...
    over the phone they told me it was going to be "very soon"
    How soon did they mean?:confused:
    should I just wait or keep nagging them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Wait until the evening time and then ring them for an update, is what I'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Switch the modem power on and off and retest your speed.

DingDong wrote: »
    Cable wouldn't automatically do that for you, would it? If it was DSL, I believe that your connection would drop automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pauluscaesar

DingDong wrote: »
    Yeah, you were right!
    but... I checked the speed on speedtest and I'm getting 45mb, 53, 55mb...
    is that normal??
    i'm still getting the 1mb upload though which is what I upgraded to...

Nevermind that... its now on 10mb...

Are you using Kaspersky? I know that application, and many others, can interfere with Speedtest.net's tests. Turn off / disable any Anti-Virus and any other applications that utilize the Internet, for the duration of the test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Id say the upload is correct but the download must be a glitch. They can remotely reboot the modem but in this case it wasnt so the speed config file wasnt updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i noticed these speed's of 40mb+ when i got my line upgraded.

i think we had this discussion before, that the upc cable's are capable of these speed's, but they dont seem to limit it the way they want to. eventually your speed will be capped properly.

Advertisement