Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fisi To Ferraro - Official

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Announcing the expected move on Thursday afternoon, Ferrari also confirmed that 36-year-old Fisichella would become the team's reserve driver in 2010.

So he has effectively announced his retirement. Bad move from Fisi IMO to leave a flourishing team (although i dont expect them to do so well at high downforce tracks).
    Unless, of course, he knew that his contract with force india was not going to be renewed next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Really hope that Fisi can get up to speed in the Ferrari quickly and can get some good results. I guess Fisichella is nearing the end of his career and he will never get another chance like this. And if things go well he well it might get him a drive in another team next year... is the Force India a faster car though? Hopefully they can attract a fast driver to give them every chance for Monza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The revealing comment in this case was Domenicali's a few days ago where he stated that he would not take in a driver who would leave with Ferrari information in his head - ie whoever was coming in had to be prepared to stay. given that Ferrari have 3 top level drivers on the books already for next year that means that the driver going in must be prepared to sit in the wings.

Fisi wasn't going to be racing next year I don't think, so for him to go out for Ferrari is a good cap. What does it mean for Badoer and Gene, however? I'm guessing both will be gone, Fisi will be the reserve/test driver and they'll bring a new boy in to train up as part of a young driver programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Bad move from Fisi IMO to leave a flourishing team

How?

A retiring Italian driver getting a chance at the end of his career to drive a Ferrari at Monza!! It's every Italians (If not everyones) dream!

Also what better way to ease yourself out of F1 than as Ferrari's 3rd Driver...it's all coming together for him I would have said. He deserves it.

Maybe Ferrari will run 2 teams next year Fisi, Alonso, Kimi, Massa ;)

Maybe not... if Fisi does out perform Kimi though or match him, would he secure a drive next year, aren't too many drivers with his experience and would be a good driver to have in one of the newer or smaller teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any news on Alonso moving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

There's pics on the Italian language Ferrari site, Link

He looks happy. This is almost something that had to happen. Well deserved I hope it goes well for him!

What looks like a English bit of the report, Link

The fact that they say he will be the reserve driver for 2010, does this rule him out of racing for another team in 2010 I wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

The revealing comment in this case was Domenicali's a few days ago where he stated that he would not take in a driver who would leave with Ferrari information in his head - ie whoever was coming in had to be prepared to stay. given that Ferrari have 3 top level drivers on the books already for next year that means that the driver going in must be prepared to sit in the wings.

Fisi wasn't going to be racing next year I don't think, so for him to go out for Ferrari is a good cap. What does it mean for Badoer and Gene, however? I'm guessing both will be gone, Fisi will be the reserve/test driver and they'll bring a new boy in to train up as part of a young driver programme.
    I reckon Badoer will call it a day, maybe Gene to Campos for a season who knows?

Chuffed for Fisi, even if it is slightly awkward timing as the Force India seems to be coming good. Wonder what odds you'd get on him winning at Monza. I'd say if that happened he'd most likely die of sheer happiness..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

The fact that they say he will be the reserve driver for 2010, does this rule him out of racing for another team in 2010 I wonder

Exactly what I was thinking. Remember Badoer tested for Ferrar and Raced for Minardi in 1999 I think it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

thegoth wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. Remember Badoer tested for Ferrar and Raced for Minardi in 1999 I think it was.

Ferrari didn't wanted to use someone that could potentially take Ferrari secrets back to another team. In '99 Badoer was on Ferrari's payroll (and loyal to them no doubt) and all the secrets in the world weren't going to help Minardi (with all due respect to them it has to be said)

I guess one of the conditions for Fisi was that he remained in the books as the reserve driver rather than having another team snap him up after what was a pretty impressive performance in Spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The photos of him in the cockpit with that smile on his face,really great moment for him and for F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Maybe its Ferrari who are keen to get the Force India secrets. ;)

I would say he is still free to look for a drive for 2010 if he wishes to but now has the Ferrari contract to fall back on.

I am really happy for Fisi as I have been a big fan of his since 97. Still have memories of him leading Berger down the long straights at hockenhiem until his tyre blew.

I still think he has a few more years in F1 left in him. He has performed well against Sutil this year. Off the top of my head, I'd say its about 50/50

Ferrari may decide to loan him out to one of the new teams to keep him race fit if he is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

thegoth wrote: »
    Still have memories of him leading Berger down the long straights at hockenhiem until his tyre blew.

Yeah, I remember Peter Collins sounding like he creamed his pants when he took the lead.

Always liked Fisi. Would be great to see him get a win in a Ferrari before the season's out.

Yeah, I remember Peter Collins sounding like he creamed his pants when he took the lead.

Always liked Fisi. Would be great to see him get a win in a Ferrari before the season's out.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Does anyone think that Luca Badoer was only put in Massa's car because they couldn't get Fisi from Force India in time after Schumacher was ruled out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't think Fisi will do that well, aren't Ferrari finished with updates for this year's car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Maybe Ferrari will run 2 teams next year Fisi, Alonso, Kimi, Massa ;)

Ferrari should run two teams next year. Torro Rosso is 'For Sale', so they've really got no excuse. It would provide a great breeding ground for new engineers and drivers, and give them a chance to run Fisichella, Schumacher, Rossi, etc on a rotational basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Very happy for Fisi, he does look really happy and sounds like it is a dream for him :)
    Hope he can get to grips to the car through Friday practise and have a good qualy and race.

The car is ok...ish, Kimi has been on the podium last three races
    But yeah they have stopped working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

Great to see fisi getting a chance in the ferrari,I thought they should have had him years ago.
    On torro rossa for sale,if ferrari were to buy them,they would be returning to Italian ownership.Aren't torro rossa the rebranded Minardi team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gulli

I remember that as well makes me miss the RTE coverage it was really solid.

This is a solid move for Fisi, gets to acheive the dream of every motorsport loving Italian and with the test deal for next year will still keep himself in the F1 shop window. With talk of Schumi still angling for next year in a 3rd Ferrari and even Villenuve looking for a way back I'd say age has become less of an issue at least for the medium term.

I refuse to beleive Ferrari have stopped development they will be bolting new bits on the car in preparation of next year and using this car as a test mule. And if the parts help right now all the better.

Advertisement