Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod broken, xtra vision return

Options
  • 03-09-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

I bought an ipod classic 120 gb ipod on july 21 this year. in the last few days it has stopped working. I could not find the reciept anywhere i looked and figure it is not to be found. I went into extravision to see what they could do for me. They acknowledged that i bought the ipod from them as i told them it was the display model and the last one they had in the shop. I told them the date and exact time that i bought it and they verified this. However they say they have a 28 day return policy and that as its over 28 days i have to contact apple directly. Surely my contract was with extra vision. They even printed out a proof of purchase for the ipod if i need to show the apple crowd.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this? what can i do? All i want is a replacement and i dont want to have to send it away to apple and not have it for two or more weeks.

cheers

frag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You'll be quicker going direct to Apple, but you're right, Xtravision should be dealing with you.

You may have no choice but to have the item repaired. They have no obligation to just give you a new one.

Contact Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

You are legally entitled to go through Xtravision, but all they'll do is contact Apple on your behalf for a repair. You'll be quicker to contact Apple yourself.

Apple may send you back a refurbished iPod other than your own straight away, so you may not have to wait that long.

Just be thankful that Xtravision were willing to re-print a proof of purchase for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gosimeon

I've worked in XV and can tell you that, even if they did take it from you, they'd just be sending it to Apple anyway and you would get it back later than if you did it yourself. After 28 days most companies don't do a direct replacement as far as I know - seems to be the industry standard re: returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are right in that your contract is with Xtravision. However, Apple are and exception to the normal course of events, and you are better off dealing with Apple yourself. They are generally good at repairs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

cheers guys. i have contacted apple and they are sending out courier to pick it up over next few days. Have to say it was well sound of extravision to acknowledge the sale and provide proof without the receipt unlike many other places. Hopefully i wont be too long without it.........no music and no booze make frag something something

fRag

• Advertisement
Advertisement