Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone Going To Monza

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I booked my flight a few weeks ago, I've decided to fly back on the Monday instead. Figured it's better to not have to rush back after the race on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tommiejoie

Havn't booked anything yet. Not sure what type of ticket to go for, might just settle for general admin purely because I don't know the area.

Thinking about accomodation, might go for camping over the weekend close to the circuit. I've stayed with CampingF1.com before, they do a decent job offering pre-erected tents and meals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭aidz

flying with ryanair on the friday evening, returing on the late flight sunday night.
    Never been to this track before. any suggestions on where to stay and best mode of transport>?

aidz wrote: »
    flying with ryanair on the friday evening, returing on the late flight sunday night.
    Never been to this track before. any suggestions on where to stay and best mode of transport>?

You can get a Terravision bus from Bergamo Airport to Milan Central Station and get a train to Monza, which isn't particulararly close to the circuit, or to the next station after Monza, Biassono-Lesmo, which I believe is just behind the Lesmo corners and probably a much shorter walk into the circuit.

Depending on your budget, hotels in Milan are around €100 a night or you could do camping thopugh I think most campsites are first-come-first-serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jujamax

tommiejoie wrote: »
    I'm in the same quandry but think I'll settle for the Monday flight. It's cutting it tight to get to Bergamo (Ryanair:)) even for a 10:10 flight! Still havnt settled on where to stay. Have stayed with CampingF1 a couple of times and they're great.

Shall be at: Laterale Parabolica D (21d) Doing the Ryanair flights Friday pm to Sunday pm. Have to book a place to stay. Many people are recommending Bergamo...

jujamax wrote: »
    Shall be at: Laterale Parabolica D (21d) Doing the Ryanair flights Friday pm to Sunday pm. Have to book a place to stay. Many people are recommending Bergamo...

I ended up booking Thursday-Monday with Aer Lingus (posh, I know) to Linate which is just outside Milan. It helps that I know someone in Milan. Plus I couldn't pass up the chance of a pit lane walkabout on the Thursday for 3 day ticket holders.

So who is going to Monza this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jujamax

Me. Anyone else for Monza 2010?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

jujamax wrote: »

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but I was in those seats last year and they are 100% pure sh*te. It almost turned me off every going to a race again, but went to Monaco this year. Had amazing seats at the swimming pool complex. Night and day difference. The only thing that half saved Monza for me was that you could more or less go anywhere on the circuit on the Friday

Not being a d*ck, but that was my honest experience

• Advertisement

So who all is going this year?

So who all is going this year?

I'm going, but trying to figure out how to get out of there Sunday evening!

I'm going, but trying to figure out how to get out of there Sunday evening!

Ryanair from Bergamo on Sunday night direct to Dublin. I think they fly out of Bergamo about 10pm. But check their website to be sure. I'm not leaving until the next day though myself. I probably could have made that flight but any sort of delay getting away from the circuit would have been curtains.

Ryanair from Bergamo on Sunday night direct to Dublin. I think they fly out of Bergamo about 10pm. But check their website to be sure. I'm not leaving until the next day though myself. I probably could have made that flight but any sort of delay getting away from the circuit would have been curtains.

Oh I know, I actually decided to go Aer Lingus. Its just getting from where I'm staying back to Milan on the Sunday that has me put out, but I think I have it sorted now.

Can't wait for Thursday week, track walkabout for 3 day ticket holder, whooo! And of course the actual racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Here's one to psyche up all you lucky people who are going.

2008 race in the wet filmed trackside.

The noise is frickin sweet :)

ro_chez wrote: »
    Here's one to psyche up all you lucky people who are going.

2008 race in the wet filmed trackside.

The noise is frickin sweet :)

That is mental, how did you get so close? I think its too much for me, I'd be planknig it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

That is mental, how did you get so close? I think its too much for me, I'd be planknig it!

Unfortunately, it wasnt me who filmed it, I think it was one of the Red Cross Italia guys, I just ripped it off Youtube!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alfabren

i went a couple of years ago, the best airport is bergamo (ryan air) its on the way to monza so you dont have the traffic of milan,
    there are no bad seats like some tracks. milan was dissapointing.

Flying to Bergamo myself tomorrow and back on Monday.

Flying to Bergamo myself tomorrow and back on Monday.

Flying to Linate tomorrow morning (7am, ouch). Dont think we'll be crossing paths in Dublin airport then!

Flying to Linate tomorrow morning (7am, ouch). Dont think we'll be crossing paths in Dublin airport then!

I went on that flight last year, it's early alright. Just finishing my packing now and heading to the airport in about 1hr and a half.

I don't know where you are watching the race from, but my advice, bring suncream! Very few of the grandstands at Monza are covered. In fact the only grandstands that are covered are some on the start/finish straight and some at the parabolica. The weather forecast is sunny and about 25 degrees from Thursday onwards so you'll get very little, if any shade at the track-side.

I was at the grandstand on the left at the first corner, Prima Variante 8A or something, last year. We were the 2nd row from the back and the sun was quite strong. I brought a cap and put on plenty of suncream and still managed to get a tiny bit too much colour.

• Advertisement

Just arrived in Bergamo, it's dark but seems nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just arrived in Bergamo, it's dark but seems nice

Forgot to say,there's a McDonalds opposite the train station if you don't find anywhere to eat that you like!

Cheers. I was there last night alright and I'm sure I will be making a few more visits :). The hotel has a restaurant and room service but the menu seemed a bit too fancy, all I wanted was a burger and chips. I don't know if they would have made that, I didn't ask as I didn't see it on the menu.

Just about to check out your report from last year to work out train times :)

Advertisement