Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA exploration course

Options
  • 03-09-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭

hi

so how good is this course in preparing you to sit and pass the CCNA exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Can't say that I have heard of it, but why not just go and sit the ccent first, I had 0% knowledge of cisco when I started studying for CCNA, after few months I took and passed the ccna 640-802

Don't think I would spend any money on a lead up course, that's if it costs and its not a free online course.

Get the cbt nuggets videos and a book, get packet tracer and work hard for a few months and the cert will be hanging on your wall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭event

well its a night course, i have tried to study myself but just cant do it, i dont have the discipline to do it myself

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/course_catalog/CCNAexploration.html

thats the link to it on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

There are now 2 versions of the CCNA course , Discovery and Exploration, they both cover basically the same material but in differnet ways. Exploration is best...due to the fact that it covers the material for the CCENT exam exactly unlike Discovery.....which spends less time on wireless....hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

There are now 2 versions of the CCNA course , Discovery and Exploration, they both cover basically the same material but in differnet ways. Exploration is best...due to the fact that it covers the material for the CCENT exam exactly unlike Discovery.....which spends less time on wireless....hope that helps

I did CCNA Exploration in CIT in Cork and got my CCNA in Aug. Its very good and its a good bit of work.

Basically
    Exploration is 3rd level (do this if you ever want to do the CCNP it gives more info on all topics)
    Discovery is High School level

Advertisement