Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky question

Options
  • 03-09-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I just got sky today and was surprised that UTV wasnt among the list of channels on the Sky Guide but is a different section called Other Channels. Is there any way of moving it out of Other Channels to the main Guide?

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

no - its not officially on the Sky platform in the Republic (supposedly because TV3 shows many of the same programs at the same time).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

loyatemu wrote: »
    no - its not officially on the Sky platform in the Republic (supposedly because TV3 shows many of the same programs at the same time).

Yea thanks for that. I eventually got through to someone who explained it. Cheeky so and so said, err sir these are the questions you should of asked when you bought it. I said to him that stations likes ITV/UTV wasnt the kind of channel you'd expect not to receive. Well, words like that anyway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Speaking of Sky, Seabourne residents will be delighted to know that Wyse have told me that they are in the final stages of coming to an agreement to have sky offered in the blocks (finally!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"Other channels" cannot be recorded or paused etc. on Sky plus unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

loyatemu wrote: »

its because tv3 show many of the same programes cant justify that most of there channels show repeats, repeatedly its a crap excuse. but wont give out 2 much its much better than ntl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I just got SKY this week too. I find that 'other channel' thing annoying. Is it possible to mark them as favorites?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Mullie wrote: »
    I just got SKY this week too. I find that 'other channel' thing annoying. Is it possible to mark them as favorites?

no, you can't do that either. "Other channels" is really just a limited feature to allow you to tune in free channels that are not on the Sky platform - it doesn't integrate with the rest of the system in any way. Its probably the one advantage of UPC - they have ITV, BBC3\4 etc on the program guide.

wrt UTV - I heard they wanted to be added to the Sky platform in Ireland but TV3 objected both to Sky and to ITV (who own a stake in TV3) and hence the plan was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Mullie wrote: »

Same here mate. Loads more channels but kind of miss my set plan of channels from UPC. In England, Virgin, who were are last suppliers used to have a weekly catch up of programs you could watch for free in a separate section. They also had loads of films saved up you could watch for free. Shame Virgin arent over here. You could also record 3 things at the same time. Anyhooo i like having the red button again with the sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

My apologies, I didnt fully read your post.

Advertisement