Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc deals, whats the catch?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Had real problems getting this netbook deal, went to carphone warehouse and they couldn't sign me up as my address wasn't recognised as having the services, even though UPC confirmed it was a valid address for the offer! Neither Carphone Warehouse staff or UPC seem to have much of a clue, anyone else have problems getting this deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I got it, eventually. But CPW is the worst shop in Ireland, definitely. I remember a few years ago I had to write to their CEO (he published his email in every issue of their monthly brochure back then!) to claim a phone at a reduced price as they refused to honour their advertisements. I got the phone at the right price then but wasn't as lucky this time.

Basically, when I found about this offer and that UPC serves Dun Laoghaire, I checked www.carphonewarehouse.ie for laptops and saw one that I liked. I then went to their shop and signed up to this offer. They did first have troubles admitting that my address is indeed served by UPC but UPC eventually convinced them on the phone. When I got all the papers after the installation, I came to the same shop only to see that the price in the shop is actually different. I had some discussion with their online customer service team but they first pretended they don't understand English, then alleged I don't understand it but eventually I gave up. I mean, their CEO's old email is no longer working and his new one isn't advertised anymore so I couldn't complain to their higher ranked officials and Indian customer support was all I could get. Local consumer protection authorities also turned a blind eye on my issue so I had to settle for another laptop (which I gave away as a gift anyway).

So yes, I did get E249 off, but no, ultimately I wasn't happy. Their prices are significantly over the market rates and their laptop line is limited and outdated, I'm not even mentioning their customer service which sends shiver down my spine any time I think of it:mad:

Advertisement