Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams I need to stop having.

• 03-09-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

There have been a few deaths recently that have hit home quite hard. Since then my dreams have gone from being at the funerals and stuff (seems pretty standard) to seeing someone very close to me getting hit by a train. It was way too vivid. It's gotten to the point where it's really bothering me during the day and occupying my thoughts at all times. Is there any way I can get away from these dreams? Cheers for the replies in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

that does sound like a tough one to get around.
    one of the main things that comes to mind after reading about interpretation of dreams is that they can be linked to so many things its hard to know off the bat.
    i does sound like it is from the source you mention but i wouldnt like to commit to saying so.

i have heard keeping a journal every night or morning ans just talking it out on paper can really help with stuff troubling you.
    its possible your trying to deal with these things and just need time to process it and settle back to life.

im sorry to hear about your losses.
    but i find myself it was easier for me to get over some terrible feelings once i understood why i had them.or just let them out.
    so i guess as someone who doesnt know alot about psychology the only safe advice i could give is write down your thoughts and dreams after you have them and dont hold back.

hopefully someone here will have some other advice thats more suitable.
    best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Thanks for the advice. I will start writing them down after I have them and see if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

might be worth looking at some of the dream intrepration websites. i think the reading of them can be very open so dont fix it to any one thing.

also when the mind is so active at a time like you mentioned its common to experience more vivid dreams.

not sure if www.osho.com is any use in this regard it may be.

Advertisement