Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfire War Games (Airsoft In Bray)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

absofeckinlutly greg.....swooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
    bang yer ded:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

This is peter greg is Golf Mike II :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

Lads there'll be a group of us from A.O.N heading up there on Sunday 28th,c u then.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭GoTac II

citizenken wrote: »
    Lads there'll be a group of us from A.O.N heading up there on Sunday 28th,c u then.:D

Look forward to seeing you guys up there. Just me know numbers... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

citizenken wrote: »

With someone to take pretty photos too hopefully :P

• Advertisement

Hey lads at least 10 of us heading up sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Lads - if anyone has any of the photos today drop me a line please - I'd be the baldy lad in the grey hoodie/multicam plate carrier with the LR300!

Hey man, currently photoshopping away!
    Their just going up on Facebook if you want the link....
    Ill get them up on Flikr or another photo hosting site tomorrow hopefully!

Kim.

http://www.facebook.com/kimmyt1987#!/album.php?aid=52282&id=1327312546

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Hey man, currently photoshopping away!
    Their just going up on Facebook if you want the link....
    Ill get them up on Flikr or another photo hosting site tomorrow hopefully!

Kim.

http://www.facebook.com/kimmyt1987#!/album.php?aid=52282&id=1327312546

Nice!

Add me if your on and u should have full access!
    Enjoy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

kimmyt1987 wrote: »
    Add me if your on and u should have full access!
    Enjoy!!!

Great pics Kimmy, looks like y'all had a good day. Come back real soon :D

Great pictures, I like the black and white's.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Achillies 665

Amazing pics thanks!!!

Ok to anyone who cannot access the photos on the
    Facebook link here is a Flikr link to my page.....
    Only problem is there is a maximum limit to what I
    can post in one month , which I have now already
    exceeded with these, .... :P hmmm if anyone wants to
    buy me the pro package.. Haha!
    Ill get the last lot up as soon as they let me!
    :P Enjoy lads! x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43159593@N06/sets/72157623422109913/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭daxter

amazing pics mite get up ta have a look me self in da nex few weeks hopefully
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

hey guys whats the story with numbers for the 6th or 7th. their is three of us wantng to get up for a game what day has the most booked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭GoTac II

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    hey guys whats the story with numbers for the 6th or 7th. their is three of us wantng to get up for a game what day has the most booked in.

Hi SnakeDoc we only open on Sundays we would normally have between 25 to 30 players on an average Sunday most of whom book in on friday and saturday.

If you have any questions feel free to give us a call in the shop on 012745815.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Where to begin?

We played today in Hellfire and was looking forward to the days gaming. I don't think I've ever left a site feeling so frustrated before. Complaint after complaint seemed to have landed on deaf ears today.

Just a number of things I'd like to point out and hopefully have addressed. Firstly was the chrono check on all AEG's before the games began. In the last 10 days I've played 3 sites, today with a party of 3 (as usual) we lined up to chrono our AEG's. Without fail each of our AEG's have consistently chronoed at .95 - .99. on every site we play on, today however our AEG's were showing .41 .42 .44. My concern here is that while our AEG's are perfectly safe and within the legal limit on all other sites how can an AEG that was coming in at .92 on your chrono today be under 328FPS relative to ours?

"altitude I think" was the Marshall's response when I queried this. Ok if I was 10 years old and didn't like to think for myself this would be an acceptable answer. But I'm not 10, however probably just as ignorant to the laws of science at play here but would altitude have an impact on my chrono and if so, should it not affect all AEG's in the same manor. More importantly in future should our AEG's be adjusted to be under the 1j legal limit on your site?

Obviously Marshall's cannot be held responsible for airsofter's attitude to the game and adherence or ignorance to a site's rules and guidelines, but it is their responsibility to deal with individual cases as they arise. Game after game, complaint after complaint, all went unnoticed, ignored or unpunished. Any act that is beneficial once, without persecution will be more beneficial the next time. No marshalling or absence of quality marshalling inevitably leads to the worst case scenario for Airsoft players - self marshalling. Screaming, shouting, accusing, cursing etc. or was the case today actual players calling the game off, not once but twice. To avoid being dragged into the verbal diarrhea and bravado that was being thrown around in the Viet Cong village myself and a few others simply walked off the site.

Overkill was another huge issue today that was again, ignored all day long even after repeat complaints against a repeat offender. At one point one player firing at another player while he was walking away, hand in the air after being hit 10 seconds beforehand while standing a metre away from the Marshall. The entire red team found this so annoying to the point of shouting and screaming at the offending player and Marshall who simply shrugged and walked off.

Feeling beyond frustration I asked who to speak with about a refund. I was told it wasn't possible there was no manager or supervisor or anyone who could be deemed accountable, and that the €25 I paid to play couldn't be refunded. The single most annoying part of the day for me was the "sorry I can't help you attitude" I got from the Marshall, all my questions and complaints met with a shrug and a smirk. I fully understand the policy of "pay before you play" to protect the site owners/operators from players not paying etc. BUT where is our protection from situations such as this today. I paid for a service and was completely dissatisfied however no refund was available to me.

As an airsoft fan and player I felt extremely dissatisfied with todays events and would like to believe that it was just a "bad day" however opinions were so strong and so many after the game, that I doubt it was an isolated incident.

Regards.

Well that was a long read but i would like to say i agree with all lonewolf said. i was there today also and first off found the crono issue to be just stupid to be honest. i mean no gun goes from .90 to .42 in two days without been fired. just not possible. that crono was fubar and was site owners fault they didn't have a backup. the people overkilling also was a big kick in the teeth i was on the recieving end twice not a pleasant experience. allowing ten year old kids onto the site to run a muck is wrong. they would not take their hits and ruined my day out with my friends which is what airsoft is about. if you can't play honorably don't play. the marshalling issue too well i won't say anything i would only get mad and i don't want to. but if you run a site hire competant people to work in it. not a smirking idiot. those of you thinking of visiting the site it is ok but pity about the attitude of the staff. they do not want to help you at all:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pakprotector

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    Where to begin?

We played today in Hellfire and was looking forward to the days gaming. I don't think I've ever left a site feeling so frustrated before. Complaint after complaint seemed to have landed on deaf ears today.

Just a number of things I'd like to point out and hopefully have addressed. Firstly was the chrono check on all AEG's before the games began. In the last 10 days I've played 3 sites, today with a party of 3 (as usual) we lined up to chrono our AEG's. Without fail each of our AEG's have consistently chronoed at .95 - .99. on every site we play on, today however our AEG's were showing .41 .42 .44. My concern here is that while our AEG's are perfectly safe and within the legal limit on all other sites how can an AEG that was coming in at .92 on your chrono today be under 328FPS relative to ours?

"altitude I think" was the Marshall's response when I queried this. Ok if I was 10 years old and didn't like to think for myself this would be an acceptable answer. But I'm not 10, however probably just as ignorant to the laws of science at play here but would altitude have an impact on my chrono and if so, should it not affect all AEG's in the same manor. More importantly in future should our AEG's be adjusted to be under the 1j legal limit on your site?

Obviously Marshall's cannot be held responsible for airsofter's attitude to the game and adherence or ignorance to a site's rules and guidelines, but it is their responsibility to deal with individual cases as they arise. Game after game, complaint after complaint, all went unnoticed, ignored or unpunished. Any act that is beneficial once, without persecution will be more beneficial the next time. No marshalling or absence of quality marshalling inevitably leads to the worst case scenario for Airsoft players - self marshalling. Screaming, shouting, accusing, cursing etc. or was the case today actual players calling the game off, not once but twice. To avoid being dragged into the verbal diarrhea and bravado that was being thrown around in the Viet Cong village myself and a few others simply walked off the site.

Overkill was another huge issue today that was again, ignored all day long even after repeat complaints against a repeat offender. At one point one player firing at another player while he was walking away, hand in the air after being hit 10 seconds beforehand while standing a metre away from the Marshall. The entire red team found this so annoying to the point of shouting and screaming at the offending player and Marshall who simply shrugged and walked off.

Feeling beyond frustration I asked who to speak with about a refund. I was told it wasn't possible there was no manager or supervisor or anyone who could be deemed accountable, and that the €25 I paid to play couldn't be refunded. The single most annoying part of the day for me was the "sorry I can't help you attitude" I got from the Marshall, all my questions and complaints met with a shrug and a smirk. I fully understand the policy of "pay before you play" to protect the site owners/operators from players not paying etc. BUT where is our protection from situations such as this today. I paid for a service and was completely dissatisfied however no refund was available to me.

As an airsoft fan and player I felt extremely dissatisfied with todays events and would like to believe that it was just a "bad day" however opinions were so strong and so many after the game, that I doubt it was an isolated incident.

Regards.

I was also there a few weeks ago with a few people new to airsoft, and what we saw and experienced,totally put them off going there again.
    The amount of unsportmanlike behaivour was unreal,one guy walked away from cover with his gun up (everyone thought he was hit)he went as far as the fence and then turned around and shot one of the guys assaulting towards the cover he was in, a number of the people in the safe zone thought this was hillarious,(you know who you are), also a number of people walked off site midgame,it was so frustrating,this was only one of a number of incidences which happened that day again with little or no response when pointed out.I for one wont be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

four of us went there yesterday too, for 3 of us it was the first time to the site and I have to agree with the points that have been raised by others with one important caveat, It was only a single group of people that seemed to be causing the issue, not the entire team.

In one case we had a guy who was pulled for not taking his hits, and he put his hand up, we moved onto the next target only to spot him drop his hand and start firing at us again. we watched another guy several times pouring hits into people who were walking back to the spawn point which resulted in the martial saying to him "watch the overkill" which made no difference. We had a guy pour fire into the fenced off point at the spawn area in the vilage area while people were trying to decide whether it was even worth it to keep playing (in this case I think it was caused by frustration though, as most of our team were standing there and not actually playing at the time but it's still not on and pretty much made the decision to not bother to continue for us)

Out of the 4 of us the consensus was that it's a fun site to play on but it's not worth going back while this kind of thing is going on.

Again it's important to note this was not the entire enemy team, only a group of them and i'm sure it must have been just as annoying for the players on the other team that WERE playing properly, this needs to be understood as there were plenty of very fair players on that team who should not be tarred with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

I don't think it was down to poor marshalling but just lack of marshalling ie not enough marshalls. Also the age limit thing needs to be addressed because the kids that are playing are messing it up for everyone (like the 2 in the snow camo yesterday).Maybe 15's and over because 12/13 yr olds do not have the maturity to play this game. Fact!
    The chrono is an issue too and has been on ALL 4 games I have played there!

Non hit taking is going to ruin the sport. Poor marshalling (whether lack of marshalls or lazy marshalls) will only ruin it quicker.

I have played 4 games in Hellfire so far - 2 great ones one so-so and one a complete disaster. I think that says more for the players than the site itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Airsofty1

Ok while I agree with the crono point, which does need to be replaced...

My take on things are as follows...

There has and always will be a generally moany consensus that "frag" (let’s be honest that who everyone was moaning about) members and anyone else playing with em on the day don’t take hits etc... I’ve seen this mentioned over and over and over again at sites all over the place, I also recon this is as frequent as everyone else not taking them, no more or less... In fact the Frag team leader re-iterated the point to everyone before the games kicked off... I believe it’s now a case that reputation precedes them, and they are constantly fire fighting... Does cheating happen? - Yes of course it does, did it happen last Sunday - Yep, we could all go on endlessly about hits I called last week up there, I witnessed it time after time from the end of my own barrel, few things to remember here

Shots can look like they drop on target though a scope, I’ve been standing behind players when people are dropping shots and claiming hits and they aint anywhere even close.
    Heavy Vests BDU and gear in general do interfere with a players ability to feel the hits, all too common when having long shots fired at ya from the max distance, Point being don’t always trust your eyes...lol

I walked off game twice because of the moaning that was going on that day, whining maggots standing in the in base in an active game zone stamping feet, and refusing to play with the other boys cos they were being hit while the other half of their team is playing and firing out of the same area eh and ya wonder why yer being hit...lol (U know ya all witnessed that rubbish last week) and that wasn’t anyone on my team. So naturally enough tempers started to fray and in this players opinion was vented on the marshals and opfor players myself included... so that a simple case of sore losers....

It doesn’t put me off playing on the site again, and on the whole feel the marshals did and do a good job...Yeah ya could pack 10 marshals into a game, and still be arguing over the same rubbish afterwards.

To this end I bought a helmet cam ha ha, least ill be sure before I moan at someone about it...lol - Look lads it’s just a game, and should be treated as such...

One more thing is, No cinema will give ya yer money back after ya watched a movie that turned out ****e... :-) as for customer service up there, I seem to remember Frank going above and beyond to get a motor sorted out... So let’s all be friends...ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

I agree with airsofty1! It was my first time playing on the site and I really enjoyed it and I will be back. As for people not taking hits it has happened on every site I have been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Lonew0lf

Not sure it's just that easy to narrow down people's complaints and concerns to a simple "oh it's Frag their reputation precedes them". For me the hit taking problem was a far secondary issue to how the Marshall's dealt with it. I can remember many games on other sites where players were asked to step out for a round or have the rest of the day off after ignoring Marshall's warnings.

Also when you pay for a service you are entirely entitled to a refund if you are dissatisfied with it. If I go to a cinema and pay for a movie, but the projectionist takes a 5 minute cigarette break and stops the film, or the fire alarm goes off and the sprinkler system come on, my nacho cheese sauce just isn't hot enough, then yes I am entitled to a refund. However free will decided what film I watched, not the cinema. So "I didn't like the film it was sh*te" wouldn't get me my money back. "I didn't like the experience I had while watching the film, here is why...." should.

My complaints, not speaking for the rest of those who posted or PM'd me was about the quality of the service not the quality of the games. While every company endeavors to try and please all the people all the time, it's the few that aren't pleased that should be acknowledged and not ignored.

Anyway, I voiced my feelings on the day, I've expressed them here on boards. It's become clear to me that my opinions are shared by many others and while myself and the others who have posted similar posts, do not know each other or may not even have a lot in common. One thing for sure we are sharing now is the silent response from Hellfire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Scrambles_

I agree with your 'get over it' point but non-hit-taking was obviously an issue on the day. I'm sure it was mostly (as it always is) just whining but there were a couple of pretty clear examples (calling out that you're hit then a few seconds later resuming fire is just fail) which pushed some people over the edge. Also have to say, taking your frustration out on a marshal as one particular player did is way out of line regardless of how the other team are playing.

The point about people cowering in the respawn reflects more on the design of that game-zone than the players. In past games there you couldn't shoot or be shot until you reached the first set of barricades, making it possible to keep playing even if the enemy team takes over the rest of the zone, which they did very quickly in that game (fair play to them). That rule wasn't enforced on the day, which meant that the game was basically over once the blue team took the whole village. We should have just called that round, blue team win, start again, no whining.

Anyway, shooting steadily into the respawn area was very poor sportsmanship (as was shooting out of it, by the way, and no, two wrongs don't make a right). I wouldn't complain that 'oh, people didn't LIKE being shot while they're in a supposedly safe area', as you hardly expected them to be happy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pakprotector

Airsofty1 wrote: »
    Ok while I agree with the crono point, which does need to be replaced...

My take on things are as follows...

There has and always will be a generally moany consensus that "frag" (let’s be honest that who everyone was moaning about) members and anyone else playing with em on the day don’t take hits etc... I’ve seen this mentioned over and over and over again at sites all over the place, I also recon this is as frequent as everyone else not taking them, no more or less... In fact the Frag team leader re-iterated the point to everyone before the games kicked off... I believe it’s now a case that reputation precedes them, and they are constantly fire fighting... Does cheating happen? - Yes of course it does, did it happen last Sunday - Yep, we could all go on endlessly about hits I called last week up there, I witnessed it time after time from the end of my own barrel, few things to remember here

Shots can look like they drop on target though a scope, I’ve been standing behind players when people are dropping shots and claiming hits and they aint anywhere even close.
    Heavy Vests BDU and gear in general do interfere with a players ability to feel the hits, all too common when having long shots fired at ya from the max distance, Point being don’t always trust your eyes...lol

I walked off game twice because of the moaning that was going on that day, whining maggots standing in the in base in an active game zone stamping feet, and refusing to play with the other boys cos they were being hit while the other half of their team is playing and firing out of the same area eh and ya wonder why yer being hit...lol (U know ya all witnessed that rubbish last week) and that wasn’t anyone on my team. So naturally enough tempers started to fray and in this players opinion was vented on the marshals and opfor players myself included... so that a simple case of sore losers....

It doesn’t put me off playing on the site again, and on the whole feel the marshals did and do a good job...Yeah ya could pack 10 marshals into a game, and still be arguing over the same rubbish afterwards.

To this end I bought a helmet cam ha ha, least ill be sure before I moan at someone about it...lol - Look lads it’s just a game, and should be treated as such...

One more thing is, No cinema will give ya yer money back after ya watched a movie that turned out ****e... :-) as for customer service up there, I seem to remember Frank going above and beyond to get a motor sorted out... So let’s all be friends...ha ha

well whats your take on someone standing just in front of a safe zone feigining non participation in a game and then when someone breaks cover takes a few shots at them,(i've seen that also)I agree on the long shot thing sometimes it appears they are getting there when thry'er not,But I think experienced airsofters can tell the difference, I'd never single any team or group out, it's the responsibility of the site's and airsofters in general to weed this **** out, it's ruining the enjoyment for others.I was in Red barn Sunday and there was not one instance of anyone having any problems with other players regarding hits or sportsmanship,the general atmosphere was genial, helpfull and very freindly. As for the "maggots" as you put it complaining they are entitled to complain when they pay good money (competent marshalling and honest gaming is a prerequisite on every site) and if people stay silent on these things it will only get worse.
    The guys are sound lads but they need to get tougher with miscreants and those bend the rules.

its a simple fact guys that last sunday out of about fifty people their there was only a few cheating. but i feel hard done by when i complain to a marshal and absoltly nothing is done. i brought several complaints to two seperate marshals maybe five times but each time i was told yea your right sorry about that. did they do anything? no they bloody well did not. they were the single most worst marshals i have ever seen. the crono did not work and after the second person to crono had gone he should have noticed this and looked for a replacement of told everybody on the site to prevent finger pointing. hence i would ask guys if yo still want to play you can but it looks like the crono is f**ked. that way people can leave if they want. but as for the refereeing there is no excuse. i won't return to this site and i won't say any more o the topic. i have complained and said my piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Adrenalin

i agree the marshaling has been a problem before. its a good site the rules just need to be tightened up.

• Advertisement

Lonew0lf wrote: »
    Not sure it's just that easy to narrow down people's complaints and concerns to a simple "oh it's Frag their reputation precedes them". For me the hit taking problem was a far secondary issue to how the Marshall's dealt with it. I can remember many games on other sites where players were asked to step out for a round or have the rest of the day off after ignoring Marshall's warnings.

Also when you pay for a service you are entirely entitled to a refund if you are dissatisfied with it. If I go to a cinema and pay for a movie, but the projectionist takes a 5 minute cigarette break and stops the film, or the fire alarm goes off and the sprinkler system come on, my nacho cheese sauce just isn't hot enough, then yes I am entitled to a refund. However free will decided what film I watched, not the cinema. So "I didn't like the film it was sh*te" wouldn't get me my money back. "I didn't like the experience I had while watching the film, here is why...." should.

My complaints, not speaking for the rest of those who posted or PM'd me was about the quality of the service not the quality of the games. While every company endeavors to try and please all the people all the time, it's the few that aren't pleased that should be acknowledged and not ignored.

Anyway, I voiced my feelings on the day, I've expressed them here on boards. It's become clear to me that my opinions are shared by many others and while myself and the others who have posted similar posts, do not know each other or may not even have a lot in common. One thing for sure we are sharing now is the silent response from Hellfire...

I agree with everything you have pointed out,surely the site owners or those that run this site have some regard for their customers or do they?
    Their silence speaks volumes. Everyone who has used this site pays 25 euro a pop, there has been consistently high numbers there whenever I have been onsite, I think they know the numbers will keep on coming so there will be no change in the enforcement policies.I say vote with your feet untill things change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement