Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfire War Games (Airsoft In Bray)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Hay lad thanks for a great day out

As per usual I particularly liked the blackhawk down game, bring the pilot back to the helicopter was grear fun.

it was nice to be able to just play airsoft and enjoy it for what it is which is a great fun day out, as apose to just being a business.

I always say you can judge a airsoft day by how much ammo you arrive with and how much ammo you leave with, in my case 10,500 BBs and did`nt have many more left after that

Loved it will deffo recommend and will go again.
    now time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Karl
    tacops.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tacops.ie wrote: »
    Hay lad thanks for a great day out

As per usual I particularly liked the blackhawk down game, bring the pilot back to the helicopter was grear fun.

it was nice to be able to just play airsoft and enjoy it for what it is which is a great fun day out, as apose to just being a business.

I always say you can judge a airsoft day by how much ammo you arrive with and how much ammo you leave with, in my case 10,500 BBs and did`nt have many more left after that

Loved it will deffo recommend and will go again.
    now time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Karl
    tacops.ie

+1 the church game is excellant, got plenty of kills up on the second floor and was the last defender, scary that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

By far the best day I've had in Hellfire, today. Well done, lads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hi lads which is the busier day on an average weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

they only do sundays at the mo,thermo,and you have to book an pay before hand,hope this helps.
    deco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

deco nate wrote: »
    they only do sundays at the mo,thermo,and you have to book an pay before hand,hope this helps.
    deco
    Thanks have been meaning to check it out fit a while, only found out during the week a mate of mine marshals there!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

Rats booked for this sunday, great to have you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

:DRumor has it that the lads from Take Aim will be up on Sunday to review the site....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaherne

Was up there sunday.

great day as usual and without a doubt the best site around.

The take aim lads will be blown away by it. If only there was a free slot on saturday aswell.

The castle has to be the best game in the place.

Both marshalls kept everything in check and are a credit to Hellfire.

Did anyone lose a kneepad on Sunday? It's a grey padded insert. No straps or anything.

• Advertisement

One adjustment I would make if Take aim magazine are coming up is to get rid of bang kills, people were treating them like having unlimitted grenades. just say "BANG" and thats it a grenade has gone off.

other than that is was brilliant, my favorite as always was Pilot Rescue

One adjustment I would make if Take aim magazine are coming up is to get rid of bang kills, people were treating them like having unlimitted grenades. just say "BANG" and thats it a grenade has gone off.

I'm totally against this.

My evidence is in the very last game where an individual decided that bang kills are not 1337 enough for his liking and open fire, full auto and point blank onto the head of some poor kid lying prone.

Bang kills are an important safety feature and should be left in the game. Would you prefer to instead be shot in the face, point blank while wearing no face mask?

EDIT: And so far I haven't seen any such abuse of the bang rule, other than the h4rdc0r3 types who just say "no" or the ever popular "I don't take bang kills" when you bang kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

Hi Guys

We haven't heard any complaints about overuse of the bang rule but we have had at least one incident where it was ignored leading to a point blank retalliation drawing blood. I'm afraid safety really has to come first. If you feel that the rule is being used liberally then please let our marshals know, that's what they're there for.

Thanks for your comments all the same, feedback is vital to keeping our games safe and exciting.

GM2

ZeroSignal wrote: »

My evidence is in the very last game where an individual decided that bang kills are not 1337 enough for his liking and open fire, full auto and point blank onto the head of some poor kid lying prone.

Bang kills are an important safety feature and should be left in the game. Would you prefer to instead be shot in the face, point blank while wearing no face mask?

EDIT: And so far I haven't seen any such abuse of the bang rule, other than the h4rdc0r3 types who just say "no" or the ever popular "I don't take bang kills" when you bang kill them.

Was this the kid who was blank firing around the back of the castle and when he was shot by 4 lads just lay down and kept firing.

A grenade was thrown into the castle floor and all in it claimed they were upstairs at the time.

The whole red team had the consensus not to take hit and this was said to the marshall at the time. And he even saw this.

Lads its only a game and when you have unlimited re spawns-TAKE YOUR HITS.

The Bang rule was used in the church/Helicopter game when two lads from the red team were held up in the helicopter and wouldnt accept the bang rule when 2 feet away.

Otherwise it was a cracking day and the marshalls were on top of everything else.

gaherne wrote: »
    Was this the kid who was blank firing around the back of the castle and when he was shot by 4 lads just lay down and kept firing.

A grenade was thrown into the castle floor and all in it claimed they were upstairs at the time.

The whole red team had the consensus not to take hit and this was said to the marshall at the time. And he even saw this.

Lads its only a game and when you have unlimited re spawns-TAKE YOUR HITS.

The Bang rule was used in the church/Helicopter game when two lads from the red team were held up in the helicopter and wouldnt accept the bang rule when 2 feet away.

Otherwise it was a cracking day and the marshalls were on top of everything else.

My gun was dead so I was standing behind the fortress and was watching the whole game (and yet even though I was standing right beside the marshal and didn't have a gun in my hand some genius on the green team insisted on shooting me anyway :D).

The kid couldn't have blind fired from where he was because the marshal would have seen it and he would have had to have had 4 foot arms to reach around from where he is from the prone position.

There were only two lads in the fortress for the majority of the game and they were instructed to go to the top floor.

Although I cannot speak for the other team and mercs involved on the red team I can guarantee that The Cold Warriors were taking their hits otherwise I would have kicked their arses off the team. I've told a n00b who blind fired around the side of the fortress to respawn a couple of weeks ago. If I saw someone cheat I'd be on your side but I didn't see anything and there was absolutely no "consensus" to not take our hits. I have no idea where this fiction came from.

Not to mention that I personally shot two members of the green team in the legs underneath the helicopter and they didn't take their hits. I can assume that these are the players who said that the reds in the chopper weren't taking their bang hits so I'm not inclined to believe them.

A member or the green team threw the bang rule into doubt as he refused to take his bang hit in the church and was chewed out by the marshal/hostage who was downstairs when this happened. This same person was the perpetrator of the point-blank head shot crap.

It is quite clear that both teams can stand here and shout "take your hits" till they're blue in the face but I was more than willing to let it go. As you said, it's only a game. However, what that chap did was totally out of line and downright dangerous. Why you are defending him is beyond me.

EDIT: Other than that one issue that was easily the best day I've had at Hellfire so far. Everyone on The Cold Warriors thought so. Keep it up, guys. :)

if the bang rule is ignored and the player will not take a hit what is there left other than to walk away.

i know the green team was very dishartened by player not taking hit. Didnt come up against any of the russian lads but other on the red just wouldnt take the hit.

leaving it at that and looking forward to our next session at hellfire.

Perhaps I misunderstood the bang rule, it seemed to be used as unlimited grenades, "Do I have any grenades left , no, ok then i`ll just say BANG"

Thats how they were used, is this the correct use of BANG KILLS

Perhaps I misunderstood the bang rule, it seemed to be used as unlimited grenades, "Do I have any grenades left , no, ok then i`ll just say BANG"

Thats how they were used, is this the correct use of BANG KILLS

Nah, if someone wades into a room screaming "BANG" while waving their gun in the air they probably wouldn't be able to hit you with their gun. If someone points their gun at you and bang kills you then fair enough. If someone behind me says bang I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

A member or the green team threw the bang rule into doubt as he refused to take his bang hit in the church and was chewed out by the marshal/hostage who was downstairs when this happened. This same person was the perpetrator of the point-blank head shot crap.

Eh sorry?

That green team memeber was me and I did not "refuse" to take the bang kill I explained to the marshal that on any other site I've played you do not "have" to take a bang kill if you think you could get away from it.

I promptly left the chruch and went up to the marshal at the other end of the field and questioned him to which he said " we use the bang rule inside buildings" this was never stated in the briefing before the game "use the bang rule" was said, no details or particulars given, that issue was settled there and then with the marshal and he'll attest to the fact that I said "that's fine, I wasn't told that so there was a bit of a tiff".

I was the perpetrator of "point blank headshots"?

I'll have you know I was in fcuking bits the whole day with my chest following thoracic surgery 2 months ago and spent most of the time way behind the rest of the lads in cover calling out positions and I never made a point blank shot all day, infact I'd say I had about 5 kills the whole day. Also that's a very serious allegation to make without evidence and I'd remove it if I were you.

Blay wrote: »
    Eh sorry?

That green team memeber was me and I did not "refuse" to take the bang kill I explained to the marshal that on any other site I've played you do not "have" to take a bang kill if you think you could get away from it.

I promptly left the chruch and went up to the marshal at the other end of the field and questioned him to which he said " we use the bang rule inside buildings" this was never stated in the briefing before the game "use the bang rule" was said, no details or particulars given, that issue was settled there and then with the marshal and he'll attest to the fact that I said "that's fine, I wasn't told that so there was a bit of a tiff".

I was the perpetrator of "point blank headshots"?

I'll have you know I was in fcuking bits the whole day with my chest following thoracic surgery 2 months ago and spent most of the time way behind the rest of the lads in cover calling out positions and I never made a point blank shot all day, infact I'd say I had about 5 kills the whole day. Also that's a very serious allegation to make without evidence and I'd remove it if I were you.

Actually, it was very clearly stated at the marshals intro.

My apologies. I was told by a witness that that gentleman who did the point blank shot was you. :o

• Advertisement

Actually, it was very clearly stated at the marshals intro.

My apologies. I was told by a witness that that gentleman who did the point blank shot was you. :o

Why didn't this "witness" or you come up to me in person and say it?

I love how people come here to air their laundry but wouldn't open their mouth in person.:rolleyes:

Why didn't this "witness" or you come up to me in person and say it?

I love how people come here to air their laundry but wouldn't open their mouth in person.:rolleyes:

No idea! :rolleyes:

I shouted at the point-blanker when it happened. Besides, the marshals were dealing with it so I wasn't going to get any more involved. And I'm not airing laundry. I brought up a good reason why bang kills are necessary and the whole thing ballooned from there.

But you were perfectly happy to vilify me on a public forum with hearsay evidence weren't you?

Excuse me, but now you're being ridiculous. I'm taking this to PM. :rolleyes:

Excuse me, but now you're being ridiculous. I'm taking this to PM. :rolleyes:

PM away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭madduke

GoTac wrote: »
    Rats booked for this sunday, great to have you back.
    can't wait for sunday. set them rat traps now. lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

Did anyone lose a kneepad on Sunday? It's a grey padded insert. No straps or anything.

no but i lost a kneecap there a few weeks back:(
    was it attached to it.:confused:

yer kiddin?
    a grenade bang kill?????????:confused:
    never heard of that one before.
    i agree with ye on the bang kills
    it is after all a courtosy not to be abused,
    and if some ones gun is down they defo should not be able to bang kill.
    its like just useing yer finger in a game to save ammo and battery.
    cheers
    paddy

lads the whole bang kill debate is gonna be around for a long time, as long as there is a mix of passive and agressive players on the same battlefield there is gonna be contraversy.

its common sense really, if you get the jump on an opposing player i.e suprise him on his blind side and his weapon pointing away from you on the initiation of the bang kill its no contest,

but if you are both pointing at each other when you make that jump in the door or cover and are aware of each others presence it should be a 50/50.
    and both take the hit for the sake of fairness.

i know its frustrating when the other player just plays greedy and takes the benifit of your genourosity and wont walk away with you.
    but hey play the way you play with pride and offer a 50/50 next time,

you will feel good about yourself.
    and the marshals will give ye a big hug on the way back to the safe zone;)

jaysus that was some rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just wanted to say this:

If you BANG kill someone, you should be in a position to hit them for 100%, so if they don't shout hit, pull the trigger. Bang kill is a courtesy for a definite hit...if they don't take the courtesy, they take the BB.

I want to check this site out...is Sunday the only day it runs? Hopefully ye do Saturdays!

• Advertisement

Rat squad wrote: »
    no but i lost a kneecap there a few weeks back:(
    was it attached to it.:confused:

Nope. No body parts. :D

I meant to hand it in but I forgot. I'll hand it in this Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement