Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torn between two phones.

• 03-09-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I was thinking about buying a Nokia N95 but have recently seen the LG Arena touchscreen phone.Would anyone be able to help me makeup my mind?:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Pinarello wrote: »
    I was thinking about buying a Nokia N95 but have recently seen the LG Arena touchscreen phone.Would anyone be able to help me makeup my mind?:o
    Sure - the N95 is the best phone Nokia have ever made (IMO) and the LG's have terrible touch screens.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Sure - the N95 is the best phone Nokia have ever made (IMO) and the LG's have terrible touch screens.

;)

I've seen a lovely N95 for sale on ebay, but would you happen to know where i could buy one here in Ireland? Btw i'm not paying €400 for one...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I've seen a lovely N95 for sale on ebay, but would you happen to know where i could buy one here in Ireland? Btw i'm not paying €400 for one...;)

Definately N95 and try Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Here's a specification comparison of the 2 phones:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2666&idPhone1=1716

Looking solely on specs I'd choose the LG hands down. However my girlfriend has an LG Secret and she really dislikes the way the phone works. Saying that, the Secret is a much different phone to the Arena.

My friend had an N95 and said the battery life was awful. I know he used it a lot as a Sat Nav so this was probably a factor but he quickly changed it to another phone.

Personal opinion will have a lot to do with it but specs-wise I'd say the LG is far superior.

Best of luck with whatever you choose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No brainer, N95 hands down. N95 is still a leader over 2 years on after its release. Most people who get one, love it!
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    Looking solely on specs I'd choose the LG hands down.

Sometimes you need more than specs, nothing like tried and tested, especially when the n95 has sold over 10 million units

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

N95

The keypad is mightier than the touchscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Why Not Have N95 8Gb? much better than original N95.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Davy wrote: »
    Sometimes you need more than specs, nothing like tried and tested, especially when the n95 has sold over 10 million units

That is true. Personally I have to try a phone before I buy it as specs can be deceiving. However I do think a lot of the N95's success was due to the fact it was released before the next generation of phones were launched. The N95's specs were stunning compared to others. I also think that many people tend to stick to Nokias as they are tried and tested.

You're right though, I don't think you should make a decision based on others opinions. Sure, take them in to account but you really need to try both phones and see which is best suited to your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Have you used a touchscreen device before ?
    If you text a lot the touch might drive you do dolally.
    Also if you like to tinker and install apps the Nokia's going to have a much better selection.

Advertisement