Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy croissants in a can?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I used to love these. Its not quite a can, looks like a can but its more like rolled up cardboard that unravelled, and you shaped the croissants, popped them in the oven for a few minutes and they were delicious.
    But I haven't seen them in supermarkets for 10 years or so. I have looked, but not very hard.
    Anyone know if they are still on the market or not?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love these! My mum got some in the Aldi in Nutgrove the other day. So maybe try your local Aldi and see if they have them.

Superquinn used to stock them on the odd occasion but I've not seem there in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Aldi definitely do them. They have them in Tesco on and off too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got some in Aldi in Santry. Our local supermarket sell them too. They're in the chilled section near the yoghurts and sometimes you have to search for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,053 ✭✭✭✭event

aldi do them in croissants and bread roll versions

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

yes can confirm for deffo aldi stock them you will find them in the chilled cabinet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Thanks a lot for your help, will try Aldi, never go there so good excuse for a trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Way back when they were the fanciest thing ever, I discovered that you could put cheese and ham or chocolate into them before you roll them up to make filled croissants.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

you could put cheese and ham or chocolate into them before you roll them up

A teaspoon of Nutella in the middle is very nice :)

Advertisement