Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: cheap turbo

Options
  • 03-09-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

on behalf of someone else, if anyone has a cheap turbo that they want rid of, let me know.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Raam wrote: »
    on behalf of someone else, if anyone has a cheap turbo that they want rid of, let me know.

thx

Define cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

tunney wrote: »
    Define cheap.

I told him he can get one new for about 100e. That was too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Taxc Rollers.I think the bearings or whatever goes through the front roller seems to be seizing. They can have them for free as I will have to buy a new set.

I told him he can get one new for about 100e. That was too expensive.

he will get a piece of sh!t run down turbo that hasn't been looked after for less than €100 thats about it. :)

he will get a piece of sh!t run down turbo that hasn't been looked after for less than €100 thats about it. :)

Can I give you his number so you can tell him everything that I have already told him?!

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    Taxc Rollers.I think the bearings or whatever goes through the front roller seems to be seizing. They can have them for free as I will have to buy a new set.

You sure? I'll let him know

Can I give you his number so you can tell him everything that I have already told him?!

Sorry :)

Personally I wanna get one of these, but I think I need a better laptop first. And a bigger house.

Personally I wanna get one of these, but I think I need a better laptop first. And a bigger house.

Nah what you really want is one of these

unlike the tacx, not just a toy :)

bcmf wrote: »

he says he is interested.

• Advertisement

"Cycling has always been my weakest discipline but since using the CompuTrainer through the off season last year I've been able to come off the bike in the top 2 in my AG at all this years races.

The combination of Watts, Cadence, HR and the computer pacer are all great tools and really helped me stay motivated and hit my targets in the hardest sessions".

Jeez, I'd be a fool not to buy it!

ok just to be 100% clear on this.
    The front roller is barely turning and when it does it makes a HUGE FOOKING noise.Even using it out in the garden as I did it is still very loud.
    The front roller does not roll in an even circle. It sort of rolls like an egg would roll.
    As its been out my back for over a year the nuts one one side have completly rusted on.I'm sure that will a lot of patience someone can remove it. But the roller cannot be removed to be fixed/replaced until this is sorted.
    And finally a while back I decided to re-spray the supports myself and really wasnt to arsed about covering up the rollers them selves so there is a fair amount of black spray on them.
    Just letting you know

ta, I'll let him know the deal.

@bcmf: gave him that info. He says thanks but he will leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Can these computery rollers & turbos be hooked up to virtual reality googles?

@bcmf: gave him that info. He says thanks but he will leave it.

Thats a wise choice.:) They are, as a wise man once said, fooked.

Advertisement