Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile and SIM card problems

• 03-09-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hey, i'm in spain and i have been texting home every day no problem whatsoever. However today as i was writing a message 'sim card registtration failed' appeared on screen. I wrote and saved the message then off the phone to restart it. Now all i get onscreen is 'contact service' in small red letters in the middle of a white screen.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is?? And how to fix it?? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not something your going to want to hear in spain but it seems like the sim is faulty. You can get a free replacement instore in anywhere on the spot, but needs to be in ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

The phone worked twice without the sim on it brought me to the menu and all. Then i tried with the sim and contact service appeared. Tried again with just battery and contact service came up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone is it? A lot of phones have offline functions now, means the phone can be used without a sim. Can use all functions except texts calls obviously.

Can you try the sim in another phone, either the same network (eg vodafone if a voda sim) or an unlocked phone and see does the sim work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Problem started with 'sim registration failed' displayed.

My phone is a nokia 6300. The phone worked offline twice but will not function now. It merely displays 'contact service'. Since the problem began it has displayed 'contact service' whenever the sim is in.

I have tried it on a Nokia E51 and the sim functions perfectly. I have sent a few messages home and received answers proving this.

Advertisement