Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look What I Saw Today !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

:rolleyes: I am letting this discussion run a bit before I describe the driver :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

My bet is it was an old man :)

OH MY GOD!!! It was Daniel O'Donnell wasn't it.

The driver was a gentleman from the Indian sub continent. Hmmm now come to think of it...... he was heading east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

90452.jpg
    H from Steps is dead:o

woohoo !! :D I ain't the only one who takes daft photos !!

I know that I was close to him but G was just as close and she doesn't tend the grave either

• Advertisement

Seeing that picture above reminded on manholes... Captured this gem a while back in the Diamond in Lifford :rolleyes:

I know you aint going to believe this picture. I was stunned. I mean, it may be common in other parts of the world but surely not here in Donegal Town. I studied it for several minutes before I could actually identify it correctly. It's been so, so, so long. I mean, I was beginning to think it was folklore or an old wives tale but here is the the proof. Make sure you are sitting down for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah I honestly think it rained every single day since the end of July back home and thats not an exaggeration, been dry for the past 3 days now but Ive never seen a Summer like it

There is a story told by the older generations which according to myth and legend is true. I know, I know, myths.. legends.. many are just figments of aged minds but this one it seems may hold some credance.

Aparantly and yes I know you will laugh, it used to be warm and dry during the summers of yesteryear. No no no.. I am not smoking anything illegal. I swear. I was talking to Neilie Sean MacGillacyclone in his ramshackle cottage high in the hills over the flooded plains of our fair county and he unbelieveable tells me of days that were hot and sunny in... wait for it.... JULY !! Can you believe such folly ! But, hey ! he's a really old guy and I had to humour him.

AS he lit his players non tippped he even tried to suggest that he once left the house in August without an umbrella !! I mean, talk of being suicidal. What sort of fools does he take us for. Next thing you know he will be telling us that a pint used to be under €4 and that you used to be able to smoke in a pub. :rolleyes:

Yes yes yes.. I know the old guy must be clinically insane but we will all be old someday so I just nodded as I held back the tears of laughter. As I listened to his ancient ramblings he went on to say that the sun shone in June for 3 whole days once. Yes you heard me right - I said DAYS. How could this man's dimensia have gotten so out of control. Imagine 3 days of sunshine.. ok I know its a stretch of any sane mind to imagine that but just try. It would mean that you could actually preplan a barbeque. Yeah total fantasy but in this old guys rambling mind he actually believed it.

As I trudged home through the snow after our talk that August morning I smiled to myself thinking of his incredible story of mythical days here in Donegal. What if I thought.. what if.....

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

I used to work with a German, who was always complaining about the Donegal weather. His line to any visitors to the factory was "If you cannot see Errigal, it is raining; If you can see it, its going to rain"

• Advertisement

I just had this.. it was delicious and there is still some left for a sandwich for supper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cheap! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish1967 wrote: »
    I just had this.. it was delicious and there is still some left for a sandwich for supper!
    Bargain alerts FTW ;)

While browsing through the shelves at one high end store here in Donegal Town this morning I noticed a card which shows how one state angency was really spending its money. :)

OK slightly off topic but I am sure someone saw this today

bie.jpg

:)
    wheeliem.jpg

Spotted on a transit in Donegal Town today !! I know there is HSE cutbacks but this is a bit ridiculous !!! :D

picture389.jpg
    *you can see from the reflections this was NOT photoshopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Irish1967, I have been looking at the Donegal forum over the last couple of months and you never fail to crack me up with your wit and sense of humour. Thanks for brightening up my days !!!

While sitting in a traffic jam for 20 minutes last Sunday trying to get from Lifford to Strabane I came across this sign near the roundabout in Lifford. I can't help but wonder was it a warning sign? a question? or a statement of fact? The latter seems to be the most probable :rolleyes:

picture396.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

look what i saw today. jeep caught fire. backed up traffic something awful near the hospital in letterkenny. thats just outside taste takeaway

95899.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope no one was hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

nah no one was hurt the guy got out of it as it was starting to catch fire as far as i heard

Keep an eye out for the Donegal news on Friday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Donegal County Council Implement New Cost Saving Staff Transportation Scheme

20092009215.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 k7 750

:confused:
    irish1967 wrote: »
    I am sure we all wander round the county with some kind of camera with us at all times and judging by the pictures in the Donegal Photo Game Thread we are all marvelous photographers :rolleyes:

I would also be pretty sure that quite often boarders take 'God I wish I had a camera' type pictures.

If you have any weird or wondeful or just plain strange photos taken in the county lets share. I am sure the comedic beings amongst us (you know who you are) will have witty comments to make about the photos.

What made me think of this was just now walking past the Bosco Center in Donegal Town when I saw this !!

K7.. mild mannered and cheery as I am.. that is probably the silliest and most pointless... not to mention rude first post I have every encountered. :mad: If you had taken time (which I doubt you did ) to read through the thread ... no.. I will stop myself continuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

Bond-007 wrote: »
    CBs etc would be used in Donegal. A tourist from the smoke would not have one.

People still use CB radios in Donegal?? Down in the big smoke we use a thing called a mobile telephone.. Dont worry it will reach you guys soon enough!!!:D

k7 750 wrote: »
    :confused:
    You're off to a bad start here. Let's hope you have something positive you can contribute to the forum otherwise your stay could well be a short one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 k7 750

i might be of to a bad start but im only new to this im not looking for an excuse but if i offended im sorry:rolleyes:, the reason i said what i said was becauce here's this person saying look what i saw today,but as bad as it was with the man on the bike,this person was in control of a car and takeing a photo at the same time,mabye im seeing it different? ? ?:confused:

• Advertisement

Ah well now I see where you were coming from but you quoted my opening post so it is taken that that is what you were questioning and not that of Senna using his world famous mouth operated cell phone which he patented about 6 months ago ( I read about it in Disassociated press). The more specific ye are in a post the better I guess.

Welcome to the boards !

Oh and Senna... how is the new saliva filter working on that fantastic piece of machinery?

10-4 good buddy (The Donegal Duck CH.2 AM 1980-1985)

Advertisement