Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer screen & wireless card problems

Options
  • 03-09-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm enquiring about a couple of problems that I'm having with my Acer Travelmate 400LCi.

1. The screen (Phillips) has recently started acting funny - It started with a vertical bar in the centre that has gone darker than the rest of the screen, a few weeks later the section to the left of this darker bar has gone lighter. On the advice of voxpop yesterday[http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055669951 ] I took out the screen to see if the ribbon cable has come loose - to my untrained eye it appears not.

2. The intel PRO wireless 2200BG (Driver version 9.0.0.60) wireless card seems to have an intermittant fault where it will not enable and thus not connect - I have got around this problem using a dongle, but would prefer to free up the usb port. I looked to see if the card was seated correctly...but again that untrained eye...

I'm a great fan of this piece of kit it's been fairy bullet proof and has got heavy enough use, albeit mainly office and database programmes, so would rather not replace it.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭w123

Anyone...???

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Sounds like your Screen is gone and will need to be replaced.

You wireless adaptor is probable gone aswell. Try a replacement and see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭w123

Is that gone? It's perfectly usable.

I had hoped that it was some sort of loose connection. I assume that it will get worse.

Re the wireless card - will it be as simple as that - how much to replace?

Thanks for your answer - I see I'm disagreeing with you in another post - just my experience.

Cheers.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

w123 wrote: »

Thanks for your answer - I see I'm disagreeing with you in another post - just my experience.

Thats Life :P

Your LCD could get worse, who know. It's an old machine so a replacement LCD will be hard to find.

RE: your wireless card fitting a replacement is the only sure way to know for sure. You've had the laptop open. Check type of card and check on Ebay for something similar

Advertisement