Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Outage & DNS errors- 2nd September Only place to post

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

it looks like it has done it again, ffs do i now face the prospect of signing up with upc...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tonymahoney

rkeane wrote: »
    it looks like it has done it again, ffs do i now face the prospect of signing up with upc...:mad:

Guys is it just me or is Eircom on a go slow again - plleeaasseee help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Crawling along for me yesterday evening as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm experiencing these problems too.

I'm getting out rid of Eircom over this Pirate Bay business, they're telling people what sites we can and can't access? This isn't China!

And they're getting a nice letter stating so.

Try seaching for eircom bay in google

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hawkeyes

Man im sick of this! My dsl has been goin down nearly every night now for the last month or so.Anyone else on the Whitehall exchange having this problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Can I just say a final word about Eircom...Because I left them 2 weeks ago and moved to Vodafone, they sent me a final bill of approx €108 dated up to 9 November 2009. I rang last week to ask how they could predict my usage and was told not to worry about that as my account had now been closed and they would issue a "final" final bill and I would pay it manually (indeed, they had a job trying to locate me on their database) they said my telephone was now with Vodafone, but my BB had not changed over yet and was still Eircom so I was still using their services.

Last night, despite Eircom having wiped my account from their database and cancelling my Direct Debit payments, they submitted a request to my bank for an amount of approx €68 which did not go through. My bank charged me €15 for this. I rang Eircom today to pay manually (once again, they could not locate me on their database) and was told I was in credit to the tune of approx €40. So, I was unable to pay manually, but....I was told that as a "gesture of goodwill", they would waive the €15 standard fee for non payment of a Direct Debit!

They then hung up :rolleyes: I consoled myself with the fact that I was no longer with them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Reviving this thread! Yay

Having problems with my broadband (eircom, surprise surprise). Just looking for a bit of advice to get it going again until I switch.

Basically I was using the crap router eircom supplied 3 yrs ago when just the last day the internet went. Both laptops were fully connected but when I tried firefox (as well as IE) on both, I got an error saying Server Not Found. Tried changing settings, troubleshooting, everything.

Bought a new router the next day, a Belkin, but I bought it in the North (compatability problems?). Found that the laptops connected to it but it couldn't connect to the internet (the old router did connect).

I switched back to the old router and now the (****ty) Vista laptop is connected fine with no errors, but my own (fantastic, lol) XP laptop still has the Server errors. I used Windows Live Messenger to Troubleshoot and I got a DNS error (80072ee7). I also got a DNS error on the PS3.

All this literally happened overnight. Have no idea what happened and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, different network names, setting up new network, manually entering DNS and IP addresses, refreshing everything and of course turning off and on the router (both routers, actually).

Help is very very very very much appreciated. I'm going mental here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I was having this problem too. I ended up having to give each item on the network (and I have 19) a dedicated IP address and reserving their IPs with MAC addresses on the router (Netgear DG834). Network has never worked better or been more stable. Oh and I entered Open DNS settings (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) for each device too.

jpfahy wrote: »
    I was having this problem too. I ended up having to give each item on the network (and I have 19) a dedicated IP address and reserving their IPs with MAC addresses on the router (Netgear DG834). Network has never worked better or been more stable. Oh and I entered Open DNS settings (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) for each device too.

Ok, so when you say giving them dedicated IP addresses, do you mean just any random, made-up IP?

Also, what do you mean reserving their IPs with MAC addresses? Sorry, I'm not great with networking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Eircom been on and off since 20th October for me. Given the usual runaround by support guys. they then admitted fault in the exchange.
    Ironic that they now run an ad trying to get people to sign up because of their reliable service and support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

All this literally happened overnight. Have no idea what happened and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, different network names, setting up new network, manually entering DNS and IP addresses, refreshing everything and of course turning off and on the router (both routers, actually).

Help is very very very very much appreciated. I'm going mental here!
    i don't see any mention anywhere in your post of you actually calling eircom for support or to find out if there were any network problems in your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've not had any bother with the Eircon dns servers in ages, I'm using Eircoms dns on my own pc, but Open*Dns on the rest of the pc's in the house (for adult content filtering) and find the resolves slightly quicker on my own pc with Eircoms ones. They've fixed the problems they were having

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭davebuck

Hawkeyes wrote: »
    Man im sick of this! My dsl has been goin down nearly every night now for the last month or so.Anyone else on the Whitehall exchange having this problem ?

My 3mb broadband eircom service from Whitehall has being very poor for the last 2 months as well same problem as above.
    I've tried 3 routers and even moved the router to the first point during one of the down times and no service either.I logged a call with eircom broadband support but no joy they said all was okay at the exchange I think its now time to try UPC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Thought people having DNS issues might be interested in this:

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Google have set up their own public DNS servers. Similar to OpenDNS but without those search pages when an address is incorrect. As it's Google, they should be pretty reliable and the addresses are very easy to remember:

vibe666 wrote: »
    i don't see any mention anywhere in your post of you actually calling eircom for support or to find out if there were any network problems in your area?

Eircom support lines are useless, they haven't helped in the past. People on here are way better, they aren't trying to make a company look good.

Eircom support is more of a last resort, plus I've checked with my neighbour who has the exact same package, he has no problems, and one of the laptops is going grand.

Advertisement