Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Sirloin Steak In An Oven Grill

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I'm cooking steaks for people tonight and as I only have 1 pan I'm thikning of grilling them in my oven. Its a regular electric oven/hob thing with a built in grill. All the guides I've found though google for grilling steak are for American grills where the meat sits on a hotplate or griddle.

Can anyone offer some advice on cooking the sirloin steaks in the kind of grill I have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

What we call "grills", Americans call "broilers", but they're the same thing, i.e. overhead heat. Look for "broiling steaks" - in any case, just rub them with some olive oil, season, and grill for the same amount of time on each side until they're done to your liking, then rest, eat, enjoy. I was going to suggest searing them individually on a searing-hot pan for 30secs-1min each side to get the crust, then ovening them, but the first way is probably more consistent.

Advertisement