Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Pages opt-out?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

We got the paper version of the Golden Pages on our doorstep yesterday (under plastic, tssssss), and like every year, is going to end up in the recycling bin. How can I opt-out of this wasteful “service”?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Maybe contact them directly, im not aware if the national diretory database considers phone books to be 'Junk mail'.

Its in their interest to get as many out there as possible so they can say that x million people have access to their ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

As they are not delivered to an address like post i would imagine it will be quite difficult to opt out of receiving them. You could always give them a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Damo9090 wrote: »
    As they are not delivered to an address like post i would imagine it will be quite difficult to opt out of receiving them. You could always give them a buzz.

Im sure you can find their number in a phone book:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

Damo9090 wrote: »

I'm planning on calling them, but wanted to check if anybody knew before I did. It's ridiculous to get something dumped at my door when I don't want it! Anything other than the phonebook, surely that'd be littering...?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

Im sure you can find their number in a phone book:pac:

Yep. Online. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I totally agree. I haven't used a phone book in years. Internet is quicker and a hell of a lot easier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Am I the only person then that has a race with the other half to see who can find the number quickest? One online the other with the phonebook......must get out more often:rolleyes:

Advertisement