Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gangster's nicknames

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

so, we have (or have had) the general, the viper, fat freddie, the psycho, wacker duffy etc. in recent times taking up valuable headlines in such important sources of information such as the sunday bleedin' world and the mirror, taking valuable space that could be used to tell us about jacko's alien love-child and jade goody's eviction from heaven.

i've just been wondering today why the papers don't give them nicknames that would encourage them to keep a lower profile and stay out of our fcuking faces, rather than some of the cool and intimidating ones that they get. I'd love to see the paper one day nicknaming gangs/gangsters "the poofs", "the poo pusher", "the wank3r" or "the simpleton".

i know it wouldn't do anything to stop these cnuts fcuking up the country, but a bit of public humiliation wouldn't go amiss in my book.

anyone?

NB no offence intended to any homosexual boardsies - these sort of names just tend to be effective in getting a rise out of scumbags

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"The Tosser" didnt seem to bother Brian Meehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

What if boardies were gangsters too ??? could we use our own boards names?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's one guy known as "The Monk" because he was always so careful about leaving evidence etc, he's seen regularly around Louth driving a white limousine Hummer

yeah real fcuking subtle he is :pac:

People know he's a wanker so I dunno if the nickname thing would do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

yea the monk, my brother went to a debs in that awful looking thing. forgot about the tosser too.

apologies for poorly thought out posting of thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

The monk is the spit of Mr Bean!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:cool:JONJO the Miser now that's a real gangsters name.

:cool:JONJO the Miser now that's a real gangsters name.

"he robs from the rich...and doesn't spend it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I read somewhere that the chap associated with Brian "The Tosser" Meehan, Patrick Holland, had the nickname "Dutchy" but he mentioned that the media made it up I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

There was one slaphead called "The Beast", I think.
    Warn the town, the beast is loose!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Don't forget about all round tough guy from the 'Core - Fourpac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Ruu wrote: »
    I read somewhere that the chap associated with Brian "The Tosser" Meehan, Patrick Holland, had the nickname "Dutchy" but he mentioned that the media made it up I think.

Yeah, as far as i know, the nicknames usually stem from the fact that the media cant outright name them, for libel reasons or whatever. Tis fcuking thick though, it's not bleedin Hollywood...where's "The Junkie", "The Petty Thief", "The Waster" or "The Murderin Scumbag"?

coyle wrote: »
    Yeah, as far as i know, the nicknames usually stem from the fact that the media cant outright name them, for libel reasons or whatever. Tis fcuking thick though, it's not bleedin Hollywood...where's "The Junkie", "The Petty Thief", "The Waster" or "The Murderin Scumbag"?

or 'the retard that can only spell ounce and kilo'.

also, I'd like to see an ad the Sunday World telling the truth for once:

"Paul Williams exposes crime in Ireland - see pages 3-789 of this week's SW for last week's article about the westies who all died years and years and years ago, with the paragraphs written in an exclusive different order."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

"Matches Malone" sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    The monk is the spit of Mr Bean!

I can see the likeness between Mr. Bean and the monk.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

Generic ''Mary Harney'' post!

'Cause she's fat, ha.

coyle wrote: »

don't forget 'the taoiseach' and 'the minister for finance'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

pebbles21 wrote: »
    What if boardies were gangsters too ??? could we use our own boards names?

Sorry Pebbles but i'm not sure you'd be taken seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hate how the gangters are glorified by the media with these nicknames, but don't you think there's a reason they're given these nicknames. If you gave a gangster a nickname like ''The W*nker'' or ''The Cnut'' then those gangsters could sue the media outlet. As well as that, the media has to be careful in what they say because it could be used in the court of law. Like I said I don't like the cool nicknames gangsters have but they use these nicknames to identify said gangster without using his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

dsmythy wrote: »
    Sorry Pebbles but i'm not sure you'd be taken seriously...

"PEBBLES DEBT RECOVERY"

:D See what ya mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If I ever opted for a life of crime, I quite like the sound of The Geebag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I've got a good name to use for gangster John Gormley:

GB

These nicknames are seen as a badge of honour by many of these so called gangsters and it's down to people like Paul Williams who glorify them in the pages of trashy tabloids. He seems to think he's a crusader for justice when he's littler more than a tosser peddling crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Superficial Skunk
    from this generator.......http://nickname-generator.juaxoo.com/

guess i'd be selling gear....... meh!

always thought i'd be pulling tights over me head in some country post office:D

Advertisement