Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & Improved West Meet-Up Thread

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

... because the other one was getting a little messy!
    If anyone interested can just vote in the poll we may get this sorted out sooner rather than later, and then we can just look forward to the fun!
    Sorry if I mess up the poll, this is my first attempt at any of this thread-starting business...
    ...and it's multiple choice, you can pick as many as you want.

What works for you? 17 votes

Weekend of 11th September
    0%
    Weekend of 18th September
    29%
    Tar.Aldarionpq0n1ct4ve8zf5smegmarDonnieScribblesXandrius 5 votes
    One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    35%
    entropiTar.Aldarionpq0n1ct4ve8zf5raah!DonnieScribblesXandrius 6 votes
    Two weekends (one weekend in Galway, one weekend in Clare)
    35%
    entropiTar.Aldarionpq0n1ct4ve8zf5DonnieScribblesXandrius2468 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I voted for all of them because it's all gravy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

I voted 11th, but if loads of awesome veggies can't go it makes sense to skip it.

You just make sure there's an awesome veggie meet up when I come back *shakes fist*, when else shall we roaming veggies go? maybe donegal

I'm still unsure of leaving date but I'm guessing sometime between 12th and 18th :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Hmmm... well keep the voting going, ideally we should have this sorted by tomorrow or sunday because if it ends up being the 11th that doesn't leave much time!
    Smegmar, when are you back? I'm sure nobody would say no to a 'Smegmar has returned' meet-up, these people seem to use any excuse to party :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

VOTE VOTE VOTE

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

smegmar wrote: »
    You just make sure there's an awesome veggie meet up when I come back *shakes fist*
    Smegmar, when are you back? I'm sure nobody would say no to a 'Smegmar has returned' meet-up, these people seem to use any excuse to party :D
    See...you WOULD be missed by all if the 11th didnt go ahead lol
    VOTE VOTE VOTE
    I did, 2nd and 3rd options since the 18th is only feasible date i could go, and a night in each place sounds brilliant tbh:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

where wud people be staying??

maameeo wrote: »
    where wud people be staying??

Well, it depends on where we are and how fussy you are! If we're in Galway I'm offering limited sitting-room floor space, as is Tar I believe. Other than that it would be a hostel or something I guess.
    If we're in Clare it's camping at electro's as far as I know! Or sleeping on her floor too when it inevitably rains :)

Well, it depends on where we are and how fussy you are! If we're in Galway I'm offering limited sitting-room floor space, as is Tar I believe. Other than that it would be a hostel or something I guess.
    If we're in Clare it's camping at electro's as far as I know! Or sleeping on her floor too when it inevitably rains :)

But Summer is going to arrive next week! Honest! :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    But Summer is going to arrive next week! Honest! :D

Woo hoo, I'll look forward to that so!

Can you use your Moonbaby powers to make everyone vote?! We're missing some names there I think, poll is still not telling us much :(

doubt ill get to go so, the joys of single parenting! id go with alicia and hang out during the day but id say there wudnt be much happening with u guys all hungover and me being jellyous! :P

• Advertisement

To be honest I think it should depend on what is ok with Electro.

I don't think anyone is really on for the 11th anyways.
    Course you could always come to Lady beers that night, if your free.

hmm lady beers, im a lady!!
    might try for that, u going?

doubt ill get to go so, the joys of single parenting! id go with alicia and hang out during the day but id say there wudnt be much happening with u guys all hungover and me being jellyous! :P

But for some very very strange reason....None of us get hangovers!
    Besides....I'm never ever drinking again. :o

We could bring Alicia to the aquarium in Salthill.

hmm lady beers, im a lady!!
    might try for that, u going?

Yes that you are :D

I'm going to the one in Galway.
    There is one in Dublin that night too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I always get confused when I hear Salthill. There's a salthill near Dun Laoghaire... equally one in Galway and god knows where else in the country.
    Anyone notice that a newbie poster voted in the poll? Come say "hello"... otherwise I don't see the point in voting!
    As you know, I won't be along. Ah, camping in the rain, madness...

It amuses me that there is also a Vinegar Hill, albeit in Wexford...

There won't be any camping in Galway! Just in Clare :)

Now, if only more people would vote, we need some swing votes...

Yes, I noticed that random vote too, say hello mister! So we know who you are when you show up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I voted for them all coz it doesn't make much difference to me, but the 11th is starting to cut it a bit close isn't it? Also we can save a "welcome back to the aul sod" for smegmar and maybe set a definite date for it a bit further in the future so peoples can organise child minding and stuff

Shall we all agree on the 18th then? The poll is split down the middle but I don't see that changing.
    Friday night in Clare, Saturday in Galway or vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

yea I think the 18th is better for people and I don't mind if I miss it as long as you take loads of pictures to show later.

Besides there's always the chance of a "welcome back smeg" meet-up when I return eh?

Ok sure, 18th it is. Now a third thread saying where first. :pac:

• Advertisement

It amuses me that there is also a Vinegar Hill, albeit in Wexford...
    he he he! gotta ask my wexford buddy about that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ok sure, 18th it is. Now a third thread saying where first. :pac:
    I say we just go Clare first day and Galway 2nd day, so we can dance and drink the big drunk heads off ourselves!!!YEAH!!:D:D

And we can have a welcome home smeg we miss you and your tent parties type beers like just after halloween?:P

We are representing at Halloween beers too aren't we?
    We can go as cereal killers. ~gets coat~

I don't mind what we do, so long as the women are happy having us.

he he he! gotta ask my wexford buddy about that :D

It's the one you would have learned about in History class! It's funny though, it's an anglicisation of Cnoc Fíodh na gCaor according to wiki. That really does sound like vinegar! The morphing of old Irish names amuses me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enniscorthy#Vinegar_Hill
    I say we just go Clare first day and Galway 2nd day, so we can dance and drink the big drunk heads off ourselves!!!YEAH!!:D:D

And we can have a welcome home smeg we miss you and your tent parties type beers like just after halloween?:P

Sounds like a plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

I always get confused when I hear Salthill. There's a salthill near Dun Laoghaire... equally one in Galway and god knows where else in the country.
    Anyone notice that a newbie poster voted in the poll? Come say "hello"... otherwise I don't see the point in voting!
    As you know, I won't be along. Ah, camping in the rain, madness...

Hey, I was looking at your profile and you said you had some trouble with people thinking you were a guy because of your name. Well in Norway Rasmus is a guys name so I could actually understand why some people would make that conclussion, just wanted to let you know. Hope you wont hate me when we meet sometime :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

So are there anyone leaving from Dublin to go west, it would been cool to travel with someone and especially since I dont know this country at all hehe. And also its just so much nicer to have some company when you are traveling :)

Xandrius wrote: »
    Hey, I was looking at your profile and you said you had some trouble with people thinking you were a guy because of your name. Well in Norway Rasmus is a guys name so I could actually understand why some people would make that conclussion, just wanted to let you know. Hope you wont hate me when we meet sometime :p

oh right :D

Anyhow, keep this random off-topic posting in the Grapevine, pls :)

Back on topic... -->
    All sorted for the trip I hope? ;)

All sorted for the trip I hope? ;)

I hope! Well we have the date and place. Seems we're just going to show up! Hmmmm :o

yep yep, just have to get there now, hmm! dunno if im heading from dub or sligo to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    So it is Clare on friday and then to Galway? Or what?

Advertisement