Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & Improved West Meet-Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Two weekends (one weekend in Galway, one weekend in Clare)
    Yep time to get this sorted! Report tot he thread! seems we are going to clare friday and then galway saturday.

Mataar paneer sat morning in galway please!
    Now we need directions, transport and accommodation :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    Heheh, I guess we can meet up in the bus/train station, to simplify it somewhat. ALso maybe we should get to clare super early so we can do all that outside stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep I would hope to leave friday morning by bus or whatever, I assume buses go there:P

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

If ye're coming from Dublin ye may have to get to Clare via Galway or Athlone.
    The bus service from Galway to Clare is pretty bad, I'll see if I can attach the timetable...
    From Cork you could probably get to Ennis and get a bus to Lisdoonvarna from there... Near enough!
    I'm assuming it's Friday in Clare and Saturday in Galway if electro~bitch is cool with that.
    Are ye staying overnight in Galway? Ah, go on :)

If ye have to come via Athlone, I can pick people up from there.

• Advertisement

of course we are! Well I am, gotta go dancing and fall asleep the next day :p

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If ye have to come via Athlone, I can pick people up from there.

Sligo is on your way, I'm driving :P

Well I can be in the Ballyvaughan vicinity around half eleven in the morning if I get the bus, or anytime if I cycle from Kinvara, but it's 20km so I'm undecided about that for now.

There's (apparently) a vegetarian café in town here, I haven't tried it yet but maybe I can try get down there and review it before ye're in Galway. It's somewhere we could go if it's good anyway.

And there's still floor space available for one or two people in my place if it's needed by veggies in financial strife :)

Sligo is on your way, I'm driving :P

Your not the boss of me!!!!

:p

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your not the boss of me!!!!

:p
    First I become boss of you all online, then, the money, the power and the women! I eman eh, boss offline!
    Well I can be in the Ballyvaughan vicinity around half eleven in the morning if I get the bus, or anytime if I cycle from Kinvara, but it's 20km so I'm undecided about that for now.

There's (apparently) a vegetarian café in town here, I haven't tried it yet but maybe I can try get down there and review it before ye're in Galway. It's somewhere we could go if it's good anyway.

And there's still floor space available for one or two people in my place if it's needed by veggies in financial strife :)

What's the cafe called? Perhaps I have eaten there, although I don't know a fully veggie one

• Advertisement

It's called the Budding Café, on Sea Road. It's also a florist! I'll see if I can check it out later...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I wonder if you can eat the flowers lol:P

Ooooh sounds interesting :)

Went down there with my sister earlier. It's pretty expensive so we just got tea! It's €2.50 for loose herbal tea which is pretty decent by Galway standards. They seem to have just 4 main dishes a day, but they're all about a tenner :(
    The tea's good. It's a nice café, and the flowers are pretty! If anyone's interested we could go there.
    We were also thinking that if ye like ye can have some food at our house, we could cook some simple but good stuff for ye, a snack before the market! We've recently been enjoying some very good bruschetta....

Would be cool to coook ye, pop in to evergreen so I will!

What were the main courses today do you recall?

There was pasta, risotto, crostini and something else I can't remember!
    Yeah, bring what ye want, we can cook up a proverbial storm :D

Oh yeah if ppl are being placed on random floors in Galway i'll request a place now shall i??:pac:

To do this i'm gonna have to miss 2 important classes to get out there early...it soooooo has to be worth it ok ppl:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

eh so whats happening with this meet up? didnt happen this week im guessing as Tar in online trollin :P

It's on in a week! see you there ;)

maameeo wrote: »
    eh so whats happening with this meet up? didnt happen this week im guessing as Tar in online trollin :P
    It's on in a week! see you there ;)

So you're goin now eh?:pac:

Yeah we know that Tara's trolling again, didnt get that postcount by being helpful to EVERYONE in-between the stalking:P

• Advertisement

Helpful, unlikely! I'd need to get paid to be.
    Don't think she is going. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

hey whether im goin or not it wud be nice to know guys!!!
    GAW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Woohoo! it's getting really close! okay, if people manage to get as far as lisdoonvarna/doolin (or preferably Ballyvaughan, but that's probably impossible) on a bus that's a good start! How many cars are coming btw? and actually yeah, how many people? There's bunkbeds, a couch, a couch bed that'll fit three and a load of floor space here. I was going to put some pictures up but I'm having camera issues. As in I don't have one :o

Um I'll try to fnd which bus goes from sligo to near you.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=57

I can't seem to see clare on there. :S
    Well some galway one goes to lisdoonvarna hmm

I call the top bunkbed with raah!

I think if you're coming from Sligo you'd have to get to Clare via Athlone or Galway. A bus to Ballyvaughan leaves from Galway at 10:30am and then again at 18:00pm. I'll be getting the 10:30 anyway.
    Not sure about Athlone. Wouldn't be a fun journey either way I'd say!

I call the top bunkbed with raah!

/has nightmarish flashback

We can sleep on the sand too, if the weather's as good as it is now.

I think if you're coming from Sligo you'd have to get to Clare via Athlone or Galway. A bus to Ballyvaughan leaves from Galway at 10:30am and then again at 18:00pm. I'll be getting the 10:30 anyway.
    Not sure about Athlone. Wouldn't be a fun journey either way I'd say!
    dunno if i can even get to galway that eearly, will have to look up athlone too hmm. Perhaps i can go from dublin, ill look into taht too
    raah! wrote: »
    /has nightmarish flashback

We can sleep on the sand too, if the weather's as good as it is now.

nightmarish or fantastic!

/pictures raah! running into a ditch

Um I'll try to fnd which bus goes from sligo to near you.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=57

I can't seem to see clare on there. :S
    Well some galway one goes to lisdoonvarna hmm

I know what you mean. It seems Clare doesn't exist as far as bus eireann is concerned!

Edit: Ah actually, I have found a trip to lisdoonvarna from cork, and then I guess I can get the bus from galway back to cork then. All for a mere 30 euros and 80 cents. My crap-wod i-pod better hold out, cos I can't read on buses so I can't.

Also I suppose I'll want to fix my phone, the directional button was broken off sometime during my drunken stumbling on saturday. Don't want to end up in the smack middle of clare without being able to contact anyone :P

So finally...whats the dealio with the dates and locations then, like which place and which date? dont wanna be gettin a bus to some random location we wont be that day lol!

Oh should i bother with teh camping gear this time (tent et al) or not?

• Advertisement

this friday in clare. thenon to galway after and back home sunday. :)

Advertisement