Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & Improved West Meet-Up Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Two weekends (one weekend in Galway, one weekend in Clare)
    So finally...whats the dealio with the dates and locations then, like which place and which date? dont wanna be gettin a bus to some random location we wont be that day lol!

Oh should i bother with teh camping gear this time (tent et al) or not?

Yep, this Friday in Clare and Saturday in Galway. I don't know how many people are driving but we can get a bus into Galway from Ballyvaughan on Saturday at 09:25 or 14:25.

I'm bringing my tent to Clare anyway. It might not be raining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sounds good then cheers for the update:D I'll find a way to bus it to Clare on Friday or get a lift along the route if anyone would be able to ha!

Now to get my camera back from my sis once she finds the charger:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

here master, gimme a text or pm, or anybody coming down from dublin. Looks like I'll be heading there from dublin with you for company. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

I was really looking forward to this meetup but I cant come, I have to save some money since we have to pay a deposit on the gas bill and also one of the guys I live with are moving out so that will make my payment on the appartment a big bigger until we can find a new person wanting to move in. So sorry Im not coming to this meetup but I hope to come to the next one, hope you guys will have a blast. :D

Now to get my camera back from my sis once she finds the charger:P

Ouh Don't forget to, because my sister stole hers back. :(
    Xandrius wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this meetup but I cant come, I have to save some money since we have to pay a deposit on the gas bill and also one of the guys I live with are moving out so that will make my payment on the appartment a big bigger until we can find a new person wanting to move in. So sorry Im not coming to this meetup but I hope to come to the next one, hope you guys will have a blast. :D

Awww.....sure we'll see you next time.

I call the top bunkbed with raah!

I vote Tar for floor duty this weekend. Who seconds! :P

• Advertisement

@Tar, i'll txt ya about that tomorrow yeah? @xandrius, shame you cant join us out there, i'm sure it'll be all good next time though:) And finally Moonbaby, yes i'll not forget it that easily;) and maybe poor raah should get non-floor privileges this time around?:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye cool gimme a shout and ill travel with ya from there however yer goin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    So what time are we supposed to be in lisdoonvarna for? I have buses leaving cork at 7,11 and 3 but I'll most likely be some sort of zombie when i arrive. I've had a pretty bad sleep cycle these last few days, waking up at 3 or 4 mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

It really depends what ye want to get done, Lisdoon is pretty close to the cliffs, so maybe if anyone really wants to see them it might make more sense to do a slight detour from there and then head to my house...I was going to advise people to try and sneak/blag onto the school bus from Lisdoon at 3.45 seeing as it goes right past my house, but apparently Legend-Pachy doesn't drive it anymore, and Dickhead-PJ does, so I'll try get my dad to do a run up to collect people! Anybody driving make sure ye have my number for directions and anybody coming from Galway direction who needs a lift try and get to Ballyvaughan, and if anybody sees Mr Bus Eireann please do tell him that Clare exists :P oh and is anybody bringing camping gear? Shame to waste the good weather :D

Oh, and a warning, this always catches the tourists out: there's no atm within an hour of my house (!) (there's shops that do cashback but just in case), and could somebody bring some choons please? (though we do have guitars, a piano and drums)

Right i've gotten timetables from the bus station and the times to suit (i would guess) are:

Dublin to Limerick (need to get there for a bus to Ennis

Leaving 0830 0930

Arriving 1210 1310

Limerick to Ennis (originates from Cork)

Leaving 1025 1125

Arriving 1125 1225

BallyVaughan to Galway

Leaving 1425 1525

Arriving 1520 1620

Edit: yeah i'm bringing a tent anyway:P

• Advertisement

It really depends what ye want to get done, Lisdoon is pretty close to the cliffs, so maybe if anyone really wants to see them it might make more sense to do a slight detour from there and then head to my house...I was going to advise people to try and sneak/blag onto the school bus from Lisdoon at 3.45 seeing as it goes right past my house, but apparently Legend-Pachy doesn't drive it anymore, and Dickhead-PJ does, so I'll try get my dad to do a run up to collect people! Anybody driving make sure ye have my number for directions and anybody coming from Galway direction who needs a lift try and get to Ballyvaughan, and if anybody sees Mr Bus Eireann please do tell him that Clare exists :P oh and is anybody bringing camping gear? Shame to waste the good weather :D

Oh, and a warning, this always catches the tourists out: there's no atm within an hour of my house (!) (there's shops that do cashback but just in case), and could somebody bring some choons please? (though we do have guitars, a piano and drums)

I'll be coming from Galway to Ballyvaughan and will need a lift :o
    I'll PM you my number anyway... It'll probably be the afternoon anyway seeing as there's no point turning up at 11 in the morning if there'll be nobody around! And I've seen the Burren loads of times anyway :pac:

I won't have internet again before the weekend (this meet-up was far from the minds of my housemates when they decided to switch ISP's! Thankfully I have friends to mooch off... sometimes...) so I guess I'll just see ye all on Friday :)

Oh, and we may be having a wee party at our house on Saturday night pre- going out, thought it might be fun if ye're all about, and me and my sister are plotting and planning what food to entice you all with ;)

Sin é I suppose, see ye Friday...

Limerick to Ennis (originates from Cork)

Maybe I should get this one then? Seeing as though people are being collected and what have you it might make more sense. I'll go look things up yer yer.

Well I'm leaving my house and computer now, so I suppose I'll text you or tar tomorrow and ask ye where ye are going and how.

so wanna go at 830 or 930 mon? hehe!
    We can pick raah up along the way

so wanna go at 830 or 930 mon? hehe!
    We can pick raah up along the way
    08:30 sounds fine to me, no problem at all:D

we can protect Mr raah until he gets through Limerick:P

sounds like a plan!

/practices stabbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Is anybody actually driving? I don't drive you see, so I'll have to get my dad to pick people up, Ballyvaughan is no bother but Ennis is a fair bit away and I'm not sure how pleased he'd be coz he's in the middle of his phd :(

edit: I'm certain that a Doolin bus leaves from Limerick (they'll tell you at the stop, I've changed there at limerick to get to ennis to avoid having to go through shannon so it definitely does exist I'm just not sure about the times), though I can't find the actual timetable, and you can get from Lisdoon or Doolin to Ballyvaughan according to this http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242307221-50.pdf! If people are stuck I'm sure my dad will do a pick up run, it's just I'd rather not have to ask him if you know what I mean...

editedit: AHA found it! http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242307220-337.pdf

To summarise, Ennis bad, Lisdoonvarna/Dooling better, Ballyvaughan good :)

oh crap! dunno so, will have to talk to MoN in the morning eek.
    dunno if there is a better route eek

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Weekend of 18th September
    HOLY SWEET BALLS FROM HELL!!!

Smegmar is going west!!!!!!

Due to a HUGH and SOUL CRUSHING screw up I still haven't gone to America as planned, with no date in the very near future.

SO I really haven't been reading up on the plans but I'm good to go.
    where am I going and what's the best way to get there?

smegmar wrote: »
    HOLY SWEET BALLS FROM HELL!!!

Smegmar is going west!!!!!!

Due to a HUGH and SOUL CRUSHING screw up I still haven't gone to America as planned, with no date in the very near future.

SO I really haven't been reading up on the plans but I'm good to go.
    where am I going and what's the best way to get there?

Come on the 7:30 bus tomorrow morning with me and MoN. We are meeting raah! in galway and tehn heading to clare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Weekend of 18th September
    Come on the 7:30 bus tomorrow morning with me and MoN. We are meeting raah! in galway and tehn heading to clare. :)

7:30?!

as in 7:30 AM?!? normally I'm just going to sleep at that hour

is it 7:30 in Busarus?

Gobus is quicker cheaper and I get to sleep in a bit till the 8:15 bus
    http://www.gobus.ie/timetables.php

• Advertisement

ok we going on that :)

I go to bed then too

Right just seen the postings, all looks good to go so i shall see you ladies at O'Connell Bridge then:D

Someone go get my horse, i'm going wesht;)

ANd they are off!

Hmmm... A gang of drunken vegetarians were unleashed on Galway City last night, I wonder what happened? :D

Sorry for having ye vacate my abode, but I was horrendously ill, still am :(

Hope ye had fun anyway and hopefully ye made it to Salthill, it's the nicest part of Galway City I think and it's fun late at night when all is quiet and you have the prom to yourself...

Thanks to electro and family for having us in Clare, ye were gracious hosts and the food was great!

I'm going to go hoover up the rest of the pistachio shells!

Thank you very much for your hospitality, enjoy your chocolate! Hope you feel better, that sucks. Your housemates are lovely too btw! Nice to meet them and you!
    Oh and met Xiney off boards too, our canadian redhead gal that mods the sligo forum.

It's bet you don't ask what happened. :pac:
    Prom to ourselves sounds dangerous hehe
    My throat is still stinging from spirits or possibly being rowdy, ugh.
    Hope your time lapsed pics turn out cool.

Sorry about the pistachio mess and things we made, those things get eaten so fast, yummy treats! Thanks for them, the ohter yummy treats and the great food you cooked, which was so nice! Definitely gonna cook tofu like that, I love crushing garlic anyway...oddly enough.

And thanks to electro of course, when she wasn't hitting me, giving the fingers and strealing my linden village... or attacking me with monkey feet she was being a lovely hostess. :p Great family you have, neighbours and area. Pity we only had a day there. One day we will climb that mountain raah!?
    Say hi to Girlough for us hehe. Hope you are not in too much trouble!

I'm so tireedd im stopping typing for a while

Nice to see everybody again. :)

Yes I remember Xiney, she was in my house and helped me get rid of ye, hee hee...

Thanks so much for the chocolate, I've only gotten halfway through the Blakes organic one so far. Ye are saving me chocolate money! Yay :)

The timelapse is pretty cool, I want to put music to it though, maybe Andrew Bird :rolleyes:

Yeah your garlic crushing skills made that tofu what it was! I usually only use three cloves!

Oh, ye didn't make that much of a mess, there was just pistachio shells everywhere... Even in the bathroom...!?

Anyway, hope you all are home safely and sleeping off the over-indulgence ;)

Finally have returned to my house there. Thanks to donnie and electro again for the accommodation/food/fire/black books . I really enjoyed the travelling all over ireland aspect of this meet up, although I nearly got stranded in limerick on my way home on sunday after taking some sketchy advice from a mischevious bus driver.

The non-internets were very nice aswell, electro~family were all very nice, and inventive in their insults (mongs :P ), and donnie's household launched very effectively into immediate and frenzied conversation :D

Nice to meet xiney it was too, today I was talking to one of my friends and she said something which applies very well to xiney and the co nversations I had with her. It was this "I love finding out people are canadians" :D because everyone, prefers them to americans like, and good ole xiney told me neil young was canadian, so now I like him even more. Americans are fine though, so is Galway .

raah! wrote: »
    donnie's household launched very effectively into immediate and frenzied conversation :D

Ah yes, I assume you're referring to Paul (not Tar, the non-veggie Paul)! An everyday experience for me :pac: You have to keep up! Don't get him started on sea creatures or clouds...

And Galway's 'fine' eh? Hmmm... Bet your glad to be away from all us Galway phoney's really :D

Sure sure, fine :D It has nice buskers and rivers though, and 'grounds' , I don't know about its floors :)

Yes Paul-2 is a very talented conversationalist.

• Advertisement

It's floors are largely indoors... Like most places!

Anyway, was going to upload the marvellous pictures but I've only 32Mb of uploads to my flickr until the end of the month so I'll do it in October and PM ye all the link I suppose... Although if they're on my flickr they're in the public domain anyway... I don't know, whatever...

Advertisement