Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & Improved West Meet-Up Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Two weekends (one weekend in Galway, one weekend in Clare)
    Yeah your garlic crushing skills made that tofu what it was! I usually only use three cloves!
    You are lucky i stopped at 5! mmm
    Oh, ye didn't make that much of a mess, there was just pistachio shells everywhere... Even in the bathroom...!?
    I blame donniescribbles! Michievious cat! So huge, master of the house.
    Anyway, hope you all are home safely and sleeping off the over-indulgence ;)
    :)
    Yep, had a lovely meal in couch potatoes and went home, mmm potatoes.
    raah! wrote: »
    "I love finding out people are canadians" :D because everyone, prefers them to americans like, and good ole xiney told me neil young was canadian, so now I like him even more. Americans are fine though, so is Galway .
    I love canadians, so i too love to find out somebody is from there..like avril.
    And Galway's 'fine' eh? Hmmm... Bet your glad to be away from all us Galway phoney's really :D
    Oh raah! had quite the rants about galway didn't he, oh my!

Yes Paul-2 is a very talented conversationalist.
    I see that as paul minus 2. I am 2 better!
    It's floors are largely indoors... Like most places!

Anyway, was going to upload the marvellous pictures but I've only 32Mb of uploads to my flickr until the end of the month so I'll do it in October and PM ye all the link I suppose... Although if they're on my flickr they're in the public domain anyway... I don't know, whatever...
    Photobucket perhaps? or an alternative. any time is fine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

(Moonbaby showed me this thread)

I really enjoyed meeting all of you - had a great night! I will definitely be crashing more veggie parties.

hmm. don't think I've been in this forum before. don't know why. not like you bite... I'm made out of meat :D

And yes, woo Canada and woo redheads! (Even imposter redheads)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    The timelapse is pretty cool, I want to put music to it though, maybe Andrew Bird :rolleyes:

Actually, you know, my favourite andrew bird album is armchar apocrypha by reaaaaaaaally faaar. You just tricked me with your sneaky praises of mysterious production of eggs. I'll have you know I don't like being tricked like that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Xiney wrote: »

I really enjoyed meeting all of you - had a great night! I will definitely be crashing more veggie parties.

hmm. don't think I've been in this forum before. don't know why. not like you bite... I'm made out of meat :D

Hello Xiney :)
    Yes, your theory would imply this is the least dangerous forum on boards!
    Are you not a real red-head? Is that allowed?!
    My hard-core vegan friend is in Canada now and loves it. She has vegan dinner parties and plays at vegan rock gigs, madness!
    Actually, you know, my favourite andrew bird album is armchar apocrypha by reaaaaaaaally faaar. You just tricked me with your sneaky praises of mysterious production of eggs. I'll have you know I don't like being tricked like that. :pac:

Yes, twas awful sneaky of me, tricking you by expressing my opinion! Nah, I will disagree with you again, Armchair Apocrypha's good but Fingerlings 3 and Mysterious Production are clear winners for me...
    Still getting through Noble Beast and Useless Creatures though, only got them last week. I discovered today that I very much like Nyatiti off Useless Creatures...
    It was also hinted to me today that I should stop listening to Andrew Bird...
    'Do you only listen to Andrew Bird?' Hmmm....
    Anyway, I should go to sleep soon...

I blame donniescribbles! Michievious cat! So huge, master of the house.

Donnie is a very clean kitty! Only a messy vegetarian would put pistachio shells in the bathroom...:P
    I see that as paul minus 2. I am 2 better!

Galway Paul would dispute that - at length!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

One weekend (one day in Clare, one day in Galway)
    Mmmm nyatiti is very good indeeds. Maybe if you space out your andrew bird listening? Or listen in secret :P. I'd better bed it up too, have to wake at 11 30, which is an absurd time.

The Beirut I'd been playing prior to that went unnoticed!
    But yes, secret Bird-listening, a clever plan...
    Goodnight so :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Glad you enjoyed it, welcome to any of course. We will become reknwned for our sexy meet ups.

Donnie is a very clean kitty! Only a messy vegetarian would put pistachio shells in the bathroom...:P
    Sounds like the work of.......somebody that isn't me!
    :)
    Galway Paul would dispute that - at length!
    I imagine he would, oh what fun we would have. Must play risk with him some time!
    The Beirut I'd been playing prior to that went unnoticed!
    But yes, secret Bird-listening, a clever plan...
    Goodnight so :)
    Oh beirut was much talked about over the weekend. Yes indeedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Xandrius

Hey, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun this weekend. I really wanted to go but I did not have the money and then I got sick also so it was really a pain in the ass. Sorry for the language hehe.

So where is the next meetup going? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hello Xiney :)
    Yes, your theory would imply this is the least dangerous forum on boards!
    Are you not a real red-head? Is that allowed?!
    My hard-core vegan friend is in Canada now and loves it. She has vegan dinner parties and plays at vegan rock gigs, madness!

Unfortunately my natural hair colour is inferior to red. However, as a culmination of years of posing as a redhead, I think I'm a redhead at heart.

There are lots of hard-core vegans in Canada. Or maybe I just met a lot of them. I don't know. There's a few vegan restaurants in Montreal and a lot more vegetarian ones - One of my favourite restaurants was this super cool veggie mexican place. Oh man. Good stuff.

Donnie Scribbles the cat is super awesome. He's gorgeous. I didn't see him for long though because he ran away from all the drunk people. Smart boy :)

About these pistachios, were they the ones with the neon pink shells? Because those are delicious AND pretty. Plus, if there were shells everywhere they'd be pretty easy to find.

• Advertisement

Xandrius wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun this weekend. I really wanted to go but I did not have the money and then I got sick also so it was really a pain in the ass. Sorry for the language hehe.

So where is the next meetup going? :D

Yes, it was certainly interesting! As for the next one, I have no idea, but hopefully it will be organised by someone with amazing organisational skills :o
    Unfortunately my natural hair colour is inferior to red. However, as a culmination of years of posing as a redhead, I think I'm a redhead at heart.

There are lots of hard-core vegans in Canada. Or maybe I just met a lot of them. I don't know. There's a few vegan restaurants in Montreal and a lot more vegetarian ones - One of my favourite restaurants was this super cool veggie mexican place. Oh man. Good stuff.

Donnie Scribbles the cat is super awesome. He's gorgeous. I didn't see him for long though because he ran away from all the drunk people. Smart boy :)

About these pistachios, were they the ones with the neon pink shells? Because those are delicious AND pretty. Plus, if there were shells everywhere they'd be pretty easy to find.

Yeah, my friend was only mildly vegan when she was living in Galway, then she moved to Toronto and adopted vegan extremism!

Donnie the kitty is a smart one. He's not a huge fan of humans anyway, let alone drunk ones. He thinks they're silly. He was so glad when ye were all gone! 'Finally!' he said. 'I can snooze in peace!'

I have never seen neon pink pistachios! These were the regular variety, a boring beige in colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Weekend of 18th September
    so it looks like Toronto is the next veggie meet up....:D

Advertisement