Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant woman and Tarot reading.

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Is it dangerous to have a pregnant woman in the house while others are
    having a reading done.
    We have a psychic coming next week but my wife is pregnant and heard
    that they won`t do readings for pregnant woman and won`t even have
    them in the house.
    Why is this so.

Personally I am just curious about this becasue I have heard so much
    about this Psychic. I don`t really believe in any of it. I went to see a few
    over the years and on holiday but they all talked bull except for one guy
    who was amazing. He never even asked my name and everything he said
    came through.
    He predicted my job and something personal that no one could have guessed.
    Everyone else fished for info.

Back to my question.
    Is it dangerous for a pregnant woman to be there and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Aine TCD

No, whoever told you that was pulling your leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

If I was pregnant, I wouldn't go to a cocky, nasty fortune teller who might rip me to shreds... but it could be a lovely experience if your fortune teller is a healing type/spiritual guidance. Perhaps an angel card reader would be better because they don't give bad/scary news, just gentle warnings if needed.

Here's a page I found when Googling it

http://www.kajama.com/index.php?file=columndetail&Id=FC05102A-E626-4127-B266-1FB14972F31A&ColumnID=3BA2858B-4A47-11D5-BAAA-00C04FA0788A

Well I don't think a responsible tarot reader would try and scare a pregnant lady (hopefully!)

I'm intrigued where this idea about not reading around pregnant women came from - I have never heard it before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

Aine TCD wrote: »
    Well I don't think a responsible tarot reader would try and scare a pregnant lady (hopefully!)

Billy Martin!

Billy Martin!

Well all the more reason to avoid him then! :)

And a reader shouldn't be going around scaring his clients, pregnant or not!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

This fortune teller never said anything.
    She just told her relatives who seen her last year that there was someone there who was pregnant and she was getting a very bad vide and would not read for her.
    It turns out that her sisters mate was supposd to turn up but never showed. She had already booked an Abortion in England.

This lady is a Medium and is supposed to be really good.
    All I know is her name is Betty.

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

geninue readers are not there to scare the crap out of the sitter. I think some readers may not like to read pregnant woman not because anything would happen to the child or mother but maybe the mother is not in the best hormonal state of mind due to the pregnancy. In saying that you dont have to be pregnant for that to happen.

If your worried why not ask the reader what way she works, as in how she reads etc before confiming booking and getting worried over this.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

She just told her relatives who seen her last year that there was someone there who was pregnant and she was getting a very bad vide and would not read for her.
    It turns out that her sisters mate was supposd to turn up but never showed. She had already booked an Abortion in England.

Thanks for the replies.
    Maybe it had nothing to do with not reading for a pregnant woman, ever. Maybe this reader picked up the negative feelings concerning the upcoming abortion and wished to avoid the whole situation.

I know of readings given to pregnant women, and have had babies predicted in readings for me. It doesnt seem to be a taboo. :)

Ok, not touching this one with a barge pole - well...maybe just a little barge pole - it's not really Betty's role to judge the choices of that poor girl - I don't understand why she would get "bad vibes"!

I think it's important for readers to be sensitive to their clients and to, above all, be non-judgemental...

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have never heard of such a thing, ever.

• Advertisement

Well I've never heard of a reader in the Dublin area called Betty either - and I don't think I want to if she is spreading these kind of stories around...

I would love to know if anyone else who reads believes this...?
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    I have never heard of such a thing, ever.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Never heard of it either, as I said, but Im concerned were getting tangled up in who said what here. If I came up against a situation where someones head was in a jumble with something like an unwanted pregnancy, I doubt Id want to confuse it more with a reading, either. Not through being judgemental, but just sometimes there is no right thing to say. Its a case of how this 'Betty' put that across. People have an inbuilt fear and awe of psychics, and may have heard more than was actually said, if you get me?

Edit: Or maybe Betty is just lacking in tact. :)

Yes I see what you mean - hopefully Betty wasn't being tactless or trying to inflict her own belief system on this poor girl...

I am the one who was asking the question about pregnant woman because I heard conflicting reports about the issue.
    This lady Betty never said a thing. Please don`t blame her.

When she arrived to my Wives friends house she said someone here was pregnant and that she would not be able to read for her as there was some sort of block.
    No one there was pregnant only the girl who never turned up.
    She said she would explain more after all the readings but I don`t know what happened.

But if the girl never showed up than she couldn't have done a reading for her anyway... She said someone there was pregnant - that doesn't really make sense...or is it just me?

This is third hand information from me and I`m sure I`m missing something
    somewhere.

Advertisement