Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The right level of encryption?

Options
  • 03-09-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im using a
    Zyxel P-660 HW-T1 V2 modem/router-how do i know if have WPA2-PSK on right? im paranoid that i have WEP on even though in the windows 'connect to a wireless box' it says i have WPA2-PSK..is there a way to perform a hack attack on my own network to check what level of wireless encryption i have?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Relax or you will shortly be posting in the personal issues forum.

If you have chosen the WPA2 option in the router security options and then saved the option you should be perfectly ok.

Its important to get your security right ok but its also important to actually enjoy your time on the net without living in terror of being hacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

I dont suppose there is some method you can recommended for testing the security of my wireless network?

Advertisement