Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Albums for general public??

• 03-09-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A friend of mine recently did a wedding for another friend. He spent some time looking for 'proper' wedding albums (you know the kind - leather bound etc) but he's got the distinct impression that these are not sold to you common everyday amateur photog...

Anyone know where I/he might be able to pick one up ?

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It was discussed extensively a couple of times, I think alot of the info you need is in here

wedding albums search results

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

did he try stewarts photo supplies in park west

stcstc wrote: »
    did he try stewarts photo supplies in park west

Never heard of them, must check them out.
    Found their details online
    # Address: Unit E2 Centre Point Business Park, Oak Road, Dublin
    # Phone: 014 533600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

thanks lads, ill send these on, Steve, do you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Stewarts are great and also JM Photo arent bad either. I dont think either sell to the general public but if he was to explain he was a photographer and was looking to get into weddings he should have no bother. I was in Stewarts twice myself this week and each time spent less than €200. I usually deal with Ken who is great to deal with. Although he wont be in again until Monday so if your friend was to call tomorrow he may get Robert I think.

Anyway isnt the photography sales thing in the next few days in the RDS? He'd most likely pick something up there.

• Advertisement

S

Anyway isnt the photography sales thing in the next few days in the RDS? He'd most likely pick something up there.

Yeah tuesday from 11-6
    Free entry

I'll be there, organising bringing all the heads from work, should be good

i dont sell albums as such, i would do prints laminated into albums though etc

stcstc wrote: »
    i dont sell albums as such, i would do prints laminated into albums though etc

So I would need to come to you with an album already ?

well i can buy it, but then i gonna put a markup on it, if you buy it you save my markup

What kind of price range are we looking at for a standard 24-page leather album ?

• Advertisement

well stewarts fo a nice simple black leather look, not sure it actually leather

i thinks its a 9" square one for like 50 euro or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Is it not in Croke Park?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I got an 8 inch square one there for 28ish plus vat during the week. It depends on the quality, size and amount of pages, if you are looking for overlay pages then it goes up again.

You're right, Croke Park.

Advertisement