Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club3D 4870 RMA & Hardwareversand

Options
  • 03-09-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hello all, just looking for some advice regarding my graphics card!
    Basically last summer I splashed out and spent €1200 on a gaming rig, and happily played through the year at college. Near enough the end of the year (shortly before exams) I decided it was time I reformat it, and get rid of all the junk.
    Drivers all set up properly, and I start noticing odd stuff with the graphics card, artifacting in certain games, shadow effects going a little bit wonky (Last Remnant), and in Fallout 3 I'd get a big greeny chunk on the screen around the same area as the vista widget slot.
    Unfortunately I have no way of testing if it is actually the graphics card as I don't have a spare one lying about.
    Now because I got everything from hardwareversand, I'm still in warrantee for another year (iirc) so just looking for advice on what to do/how to go about RMA'ing it to them (I don't speak german, and I've never done an RMA before)
    I'd greatly appreciate any advice or help anyone can give me, or if there are any suggestions other than RMA'ing!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've rma'd with them before, just open a ticket with them, get a rma no and ship it to the address they'll give You, they'll refund the postage too if You keep the receipt. They're sound to deal with rma wise.

webmaster@hardwareversand.de

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Sorry, not certain what you mean by open a ticket with them! :s
    I have the item return form from the website, but don't understand a word on it (lucky me), you suggest I just email them about my situation and just work from there? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, email them, they will reply in English telling You what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It makes little sense that just cause you reformatted your hd that it would stop working!

Use driver sweeper to get rid of the current drivers and then install a new one. It's prob a driver issue rather than a broken card!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Last Remnant (Ass Remnant) is the first big victory for nVidia's plan to "console-ise" PC gaming - in that it works on one vendor's hardware only. I'm not surprised you're having issues as its virtually unuseable on any ATI card! :eek:

Fallout 3 is another issue entirely. A glitchy one to boot. Could easily be a bad game install or a UI mod that isn't playing ball. Might not even be a driver issue, let alone hardware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, email them, they will reply in English telling You what to do

Think I'll just follow your advice on this, though my last set of emails with them didn't go so well :/
    I'll have to call in german friends for favours if I get stuck, hahaha.
    Effluo wrote: »
    It makes little sense that just cause you reformatted your hd that it would stop working!

Use driver sweeper to get rid of the current drivers and then install a new one. It's prob a driver issue rather than a broken card!

I know, was quite odd when I noticed it - could simply have been that I only noticed after I reformatted it. Naturally first thing I did was try to fix the drivers, then reinstalled the original OS that I was using (I changed when I formatted the computer) - no luck.
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Last Remnant (Ass Remnant) is the first big victory for nVidia's plan to "console-ise" PC gaming - in that it works on one vendor's hardware only. I'm not surprised you're having issues as its virtually unuseable on any ATI card! :eek:

Fallout 3 is another issue entirely. A glitchy one to boot. Could easily be a bad game install or a UI mod that isn't playing ball. Might not even be a driver issue, let alone hardware.

Yes, I've come across a lot of complaints about Last Remnant re ATI cards, only real problem I have is occasional screen tear and some very odd shadow texture thing (characters basically look like they're walking around with a little black base under the land textures, can see the edges/corners of it poking through).
    Still a very good looking game though :)
    And fallout, seems to be working fine now, very odd!
    Haven't managed to get any screen tearing in video files yet, which I was getting all the time a couple of months ago. :confused:

Advertisement