Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canada/gardai certificate-HELP!!!

• 03-09-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

hey everyone,

ive a few questions about the Canada usit visa 2010, if someone could help me that would be great!

i live in the UK at the mo, how do USIT know if you are resident or not in eire throughout the process??

also, how long do the Gardai certificates take to return???

cheers in advance!x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭crushproof

bridie27 wrote: »
    hey everyone,

ive a few questions about the Canada usit visa 2010, if someone could help me that would be great!

i live in the UK at the mo, how do USIT know if you are resident or not in eire throughout the process??

also, how long do the Gardai certificates take to return???

cheers in advance!x

Took 3 weeks for to get my Garda cert for going to Korea. They said it would be 6 weeks so I was suprised it arrived early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bridie27

hey,

what is on the form you fill in for the gardai??what questions??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tobler

Hi, my garda clearance only took 2 days, they told me it could take up to 10 working days but I had it back by post in 2 days. i applied in galway so think processing times can vary but you're better off applying asap just in case! You dont have to fill in a form, you just send a letter to the superintendent telling them you need garda clearance for a Canadian visa. Think you just put in your current address and any previous addresses in Ireland and your date of birth. I cant remember exactly so u might wanna check that out before sending the letter.

ive heard its a form you had to fill in??did you hand it into mill street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

bridie27 wrote: »
    ive heard its a form you had to fill in??did you hand it into mill street?

i didnt fill in a form

just brought all my application stuff and my passport to the station, the garda photocopied it and told me id have it in a week, and i did

• Advertisement

im getting it to apply for the 2010 visa so i need to get it in advance. ive been living in the uk for 4 years , do they just want to know the times youve lived in eire??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you need a police cert for every country you lived in for 6 months or more

ye gona get one for uk. but the gardai only want times youve lived eire??as in when i tell where i lived id say eire 1982--2005 and october 2009-(when i move home)....know what i mean??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tobler

Yeah I lived away for a year so i just gave dates and places I lived in Ireland. I dont know what its like getting clearance from the UK but I had to get an Australian police check and its turning out to be an absolute pain and taking forever so id recommend applying asap for the UK one just in case, but you should be ok hopefully. Yeah it was Mill St. Garda station I applied to, I actually dropped the letter in to them cos I was a bit tight for time. They seem to be very efficient in there, even when i rang up the lady knew exactly what I was talking about and told me exactly what i needed to send in and how long it would take...compared to the Garda station at home in Meath which I rang earlier that week and the guy hadnt a clue, told me i would have to come home from galway and go in to them to have it done, he hadnt a clue. so Millstreet could be your best bet id say!! good luck!

Advertisement